Calf manna? Or coincidence?

I feed the Manna Pro Egg Maker (6 weeks now) and my chickens and ducks are now laying like mad after not getting a single egg for a couple on MONTHS!!!!!
ETA I also now feed my horses the Manna Pro leading edge feed and my super hard keeper old Thoroughbred is finally gaining and keeping his weight on. He loves this feed. It has the Manna Pro in it and has the anise smell to it which he craves.

Last edited:
I realize this thread is old so I hope the mods don't mind, but I'm intrigued by this and am currently weighing the pros and cons to decide if it's best for my hens.

Is it the protein in it that increases egg production and helps with their molts? Should it be given for short amounts of time? Are there any drawbacks to feeding it (nutritionally)? Stinky stools aren't an issue for me. I want my girls to get the best nutrition and have the best life I can possibly give them and am willing to up my cleaning routines if it'll help my girls have a better life.

I bought a bag of calf manna after reading about the benefits for chickens and my flock of 17 BO's WILL NOT TOUCH IT...! I have tried mixing it with boss, boss and cracked corn, starter grower, and by it's self. If the chicks (17 weeks old) accidentally pick up a pellet of the calf manna they immediately reject it...have not seen a single one of them consume a single pellet...anyone have any ides's why...?

Just read your post .I have not tried calf manna on my chickens but recently I bought some verm-x in pellets, had the same problem, my girls and boys would not eat them even mixed with oats and sunflower hearts, so I mixed the pellets with unsweetened apple sauce, add the oats and sunflower hearts to it. They finished the whole mix. I guess if you change the consistency of the pellets, they will eat them .Verm X has a very strong smell and they still went for it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom