Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
Anyone sell eggs? I had a BEAUTIFUL roo several years ago and just HAVE to get back into these! He was the only one I had hatch from shipped eggs. I can't remember who I got them from, but NEED (want) more! LOL!

Hi from Ga. I sell Millie/Calico eggs $2 each plus shipping. My girls are laying slowly right now and I have a couple orders to fill.

Let me know if your interested we also have Mottled Cochin eggs if your interested.

Question please...the Mottled Cochin color. is there a certain pattern to shoot for?
I mean do they need to be black/ or dark birds with white tips or black and white random. More white than black or more black than white?
The rooster just pictured is gorgeous, just love him
love.gif
but I have seen some just black with white tips.
Is there a preferred pattern?

This is some of our others.

They are lovely! I sure do like them! But you can see what I mean I think, your other rooster is a whole different pattern/color. I honestly can't decide which I like the best but probably I like the lighter colored one.
Is one preferred over the other as far as you are concerned?

Mottled should be white tips to the feather, evenly distributed on the bird, those with an abundance of white are called hysterical mottled and are often used in breeding with hens that have very little white tipping to their feathers

Hi everyone, I'd love to show off pictures of my MF/Calico's but they are in the incubator and due tomorrow, Fri.. Out of 20 eggs I had 10 left on lock down but I haven't candled since day 14. I had 5 rolling cells and the rest very saddled but I have good vibes about the survivors. This is my first experience with hatching. The MF and Calico's are what I want to have. I love all the pictures but my favorites are the MF. Oh, my eggs were shipped from Oklahoma to Sonora, CA. There doesn't seem to be many people on this thread from California. Hope to be able to post my babies and see what you think in a few days.

Ok calico cochin folks, I have a couple questions. If I have a dominate black cochin roo over calico hen, what will I get? Also, if I have a dominate black over dominate white, what will I get?
Thanks for your input!

Ok calico cochin folks, I have a couple questions. If I have a dominate black cochin roo over calico hen, what will I get? Also, if I have a dominate black over dominate white, what will I get?
Thanks for your input!
black over anything except white usually results in black the first generation... with white, it's anyone's guess, since both black and white can hide pretty much all other mutations.

also... a bit of a pet peeve, but...

Dominant
Definition (genetics)
(1) (Of, or pertaining to) An allele or a gene that is expressed in an organism’s phenotype, masking the effect of the recessive allele or gene when present.
(2) (Of, or pertaining to) An organism that expresses the dominant gene (or allele).

Dominate
1. To control, govern, or rule by superior authority or power:

Back
Top Bottom