Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
B-U-T-FUL!!!!!!
love.gif

Meet Little Bit and Pepper, two youngsters that I got not too long ago.

Little Bit - she tends to be quite active and difficult to get pics of.

Pepper:

I'm picking up 3 mottled cochin hens today (all mottled lines) to mate with my MF/Calico roos. Will the offspring all be mottled with just a bit of leakage or can I get MF/Calico with this cross?

Last edited:

Hi All,

All of my chickens are Calico or Mille except this one old black and white hen. From the last hatch this fall I got this white rooster. I know that the father is the rooster on the right, but I'm wondering if his mother is one of my Calico/Mille hens or this old B&W hen. He doesn't look like any of my other chickens.

Janice
in the Sierra

Here are my bantam cochin chicks growing out ~ hatched 11/15/2013. All are Black/White and some have brown leaks. I am selling them all. Let me know if you are interested! :) (Also have 2 older MF/Calico roosters for sale! See my threads.)

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Chick 6

Chick 7

Chick 8

Chick 9

I'm picking up 3 mottled cochin hens today (all mottled lines) to mate with my MF/Calico roos. Will the offspring all be mottled with just a bit of leakage or can I get MF/Calico with this cross?
example of my Mille/Calico frizzled and mottled with F1 mille/calico chicks --it all depends on what is hiding in your birds genetics, mostly it can be expected to get early generations that look more like the mottled bird with the vermillion hackles

Hi All,

All of my chickens are Calico or Mille except this one old black and white hen. From the last hatch this fall I got this white rooster. I know that the father is the rooster on the right, but I'm wondering if his mother is one of my Calico/Mille hens or this old B&W hen. He doesn't look like any of my other chickens.

Janice
in the Sierra
My guess is the Mille/Calico line as your "white" has some Columbian characteristics which most people used columbian and mottled to get their Mille/Calico lines started

Back
Top Bottom