Calico Princess/BO cross Chicks

Kimmyk80

Songster
Jul 16, 2019
I was hoping for pullets but, at 9 weeks old, this is way too much comb and wattle growth isn’t it? I know the pics aren’t great, but they refuse to leave their comfy “hiding” spot. The first two pics are of my calico Princess/BO cross. The third pic is my light Brahma/BO cross.
D5ED69F9-6B6D-44DE-AEF3-F93029512A27.jpeg
BDD6C4B8-AE17-4FA6-A5D5-D4BD3C0D6175.jpeg

D0E350CC-2ECC-410B-8F4F-38300134D9AA.jpeg

One Pullet on far left of first photo. The rest are Beautiful boys! What are your plans for the cockerels?
I have a friend who wants one of them. I’m not sure about the others. I would love to feed them out and butcher them, but I don’t know if I could do it. I grew up on a farm where we showed cattle. It didn’t bother me back then to butcher my pet steers, but I guess I’ve gone soft as I’ve gotten older😉

I have a friend who wants one of them. I’m not sure about the others. I would love to feed them out and butcher them, but I don’t know if I could do it. I grew up on a farm where we showed cattle. It didn’t bother me back then to butcher my pet steers, but I guess I’ve gone soft as I’ve gotten older😉
I completely understand! I come from a family of farmers. At my farm, tho, my animals are my family, not food!
I would suggest posting the cockerels on Craigslist, or seek out a local farmer. You have no control of what they do with them, but it puts the pressure off of you!
Good luck and Be well!

I completely understand! I come from a family of farmers. At my farm, tho, my animals are my family, not food!
I would suggest posting the cockerels on Craigslist, or seek out a local farmer. You have no control of what they do with them, but it puts the pressure off of you!
Good luck and Be well!
Yeah my animals are pets now too😉 Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom