Calico Silkie Project?

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys! I stumbled across a breeder that used to breed calico silkies and they were the most beautiful silkies i have ever seen. Sadly they have discontinued the breeding. Ive seen some old threads about this but want to start another up. is there anybody working on calico silkies? Please share and post pictures or point me to thew right direction. Thanks!

Hey guys! I stumbled across a breeder that used to breed calico silkies and they were the most beautiful silkies i have ever seen. Sadly they have discontinued the breeding. Ive seen some old threads about this but want to start another up. is there anybody working on calico silkies? Please share and post pictures or point me to thew right direction. Thanks!
I’m interested in what info you have. I just started with silkies.

I don’t know how they’re “made” per se, but I just got a calico silkie from Alabama silkies (along with 2 more of a different color), they don’t ship birds, but they do ship eggs if that would be something you’re interested in :)

I don’t know how they’re “made” per se, but I just got a calico silkie from Alabama silkies (along with 2 more of a different color), they don’t ship birds, but they do ship eggs if that would be something you’re interested in :)
Hello HuffClaw, I was thinking about buying some eggs from Alabama Silkies. How did your hatch turn out after travel? I ordered some splash eggs from ebay and there were so many air bubbles in them when I received them none made it past the first week of incubation. I'm assuming package was thrown around extra harshly because of the holidays. Please let us know how it turned out and maybe send some pics.

Thank you.

Hello HuffClaw, I was thinking about buying some eggs from Alabama Silkies. How did your hatch turn out after travel? I ordered some splash eggs from ebay and there were so many air bubbles in them when I received them none made it past the first week of incubation. I'm assuming package was thrown around extra harshly because of the holidays. Please let us know how it turned out and maybe send some pics.

Thank you.
Hi! I live in the same state as they do, so I just got live chicks. :) But they showed me their packaging and it is very well done! I’d happily buy from them anytime.

Huffleclaw, I would love to see a picture of your calico Silkie! What part of AL do you live in? My two pups & me moved from our hometown in AL to the beach in FL last summer! My family had 6 Silkie chickens - a white, two splash, a blue and two paint. We loved them! Planning to get another couple of baby Silkie chicks this Spring :) Wanting a splash and a paint again. I haven’t ever seen or even heard of a calico Silkie before but I‘m very interested!

Huffleclaw, I would love to see a picture of your calico Silkie! What part of AL do you live in? My two pups & me moved from our hometown in AL to the beach in FL last summer! My family had 6 Silkie chickens - a white, two splash, a blue and two paint. We loved them! Planning to get another couple of baby Silkie chicks this Spring :) Wanting a splash and a paint again. I haven’t ever seen or even heard of a calico Silkie before but I‘m very interested!
Hi! I’m in Talledega county Alabama. My Calico did end up being a cockerel :p it was nice to meet you, by the way!
1CF670E5-C04F-47BC-95CC-1B7B265465ED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom