california - CENTRAL COAST

While looking for help for my RIR, I found central coast feather fanciers- which is who told me about the poultry show this weekend (at the fair grounds). There's not much info on their website, so I can't really tell you anything more than that.

And also Dr Max Conn in pismo (cat and exotic care) will see chickens. He is an excellent vet- I worked with him once upon a time and he still takes care of my cockatiel and rabbits...and this past month he's been caring for Red Chicken (yes, her name is actually Red Chicken LOL)

Hi, Im selling my "extreme cape cod" chicken coop along with my buff orpington and Rhode island red egg laying hens. Message me if interested. Im located in Paso Robles.

We have some friends that are just getting chickens with their kids 4H. What price have you set for the coop? I will pass it on. They are a really nice family. The wife is a gynecologist also and I share her office, so I know them well.

I love love LOVE that you're doing a chicken rescue!!!!! I ended up being able to keep my flock (must be a huge karma pay off for me:D) AND my Red has been doing well since we moved-life is good!!
Please let me know how I can help you! [email protected]. We are now in Los osos for the next year.

Hi Everyone!!

Is anyone getting Organic feed for a decent price here on the Central Coast? I went to Templton Feed and inquired about an organic mix however, they said they don't have anything Certified organic but it's pretty close to the real thing without all the paperwork. I'll take it with a grain of salt and probably think it over.

I asked about having my own feed mixed there since they have a lot of whole grains and other food options. They said I would need to buy at least 1 ton of feed. I have 25 Cornish Rocks for meat birds coming and won't need near that amount of feed. I'm going for an 18% protein mix but don't really know how to get there. I'd like corn and soy free and probably wouldn't mind if most stuff wasn't Certified Organic but close to it if that's possible.

Anyone want to divide up a batch of feed?

What's the best mix without Corn and Soy in the 15-18% range. I plan to Ferment the feed which I believe increases protein by 2-3%

How this mix for starter? This is as close as they had to organic and non-medicated.
It is 23% Protien.
Ground Corn,Soybean Oil Meal, Ground Limestone, Deflourinated Phosphate, Vitamin Pre Mis containing Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal Sterol, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Menadione Diamethylprimidinol Bisulphate, dl Methoine, Folic Acid, Trace Minerals(mag oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Copper Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenium).

Wow after typing all of those things I notice I don't know what half of them are. I'm not really sure I want to start my new chicks on this!!

Any Central Coast help with a good feed?

Hey blueberry1, Modesto Milling Company makes some. Soy free too!!!

Only problem, its $33 a bag
he.gif
(you can get it at Margarita Feed)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom