1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

california - CENTRAL COAST

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mickeymousears, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ruthanne

ruthanne Out Of The Brooder

Thank you that if very intresting. Looking forward to the first eggs. [​IMG]

2. ruthanne

Are there any Poultry shows coming up. I would love to go to one and meet some poultry people.

3. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    First show of the season will be Paso Robles in October I think the 13th..whenever Pioneer Day is

4. ruthanne

That's a while to go. Are there any open shows at the fairs?

5. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Just the regular 4-H and FFA projects State Fair has an open show don't remember the dates but it's at the end of July

6. ruthanne

Thank you I'm going to check this out. I would love to see and speek to breeders.

7. ruthanne

I have a chicken that is lethargic and has bright green watery poo. any ideas would be helpful? Thanks :)

My Friend posted this on her FB page yesterday. Does anyone know what she needs to do?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  8. OnAdobeRoad

OnAdobeRoad Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2012
    I need a chick! My Brahma hen has been sitting on a clutch of eggs for awhile now, and hatched one! A Buff Silkie, just yeaterday. Does anyone out there have any chicks available. I just need one to keep this little guy company!

9. mickeymousears

mickeymousears Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    SLO; CA
    Farm supply has chicks. They are around $5 each I think

10. calichickies

calichickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2012
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Hi!!
    I'm in Felton. Near Santa Cruz, CA
    I've got a batch of Buff Orpingtons in the incubator right now... due October 12th.
    I'll have extras if anybody is in need.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by