california - CENTRAL COAST

Hello! I'm in Creston, close to Paso Robles raising Cornish Cross, Lavender Orpington and hopefully soon Arauacana and a few other heritage varieties for pastured meat. My kids have a variety of bantams they like to show for 4-H.
Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you here on The Central Coast.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi I'm in Paso I have New Hampshires, Partridge Rocks,Marans many varieties and Delawares for chickens and I have Midget Whites, Palms, Bourbons and a mixed bunch of turkeys..

Hi from Paso robles! Just got my first chickens a week ago. One 12 wk old RIR and 11 wk old Buff Orp. I'm thinking I want more but I will need a bigger coop. Can't wait for some fresh eggs!

ya.gif
wee.gif
welcome-byc.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Welcome amoney805! Chickens are awesome! I never thought I would love them as much as I do, such personalities! Not to mention addicting! If you have at least one, you'll want more!
lau.gif

Also, I just wanted to post that I have some cockerels that need to find good homes. I have 1 Blue Copper Marans (10wks), 1 Blue Splash Marans (10wks), and at least 1 Lav Ameraucana (4wks). The Lav AM is the real thing. PM me if interested I could send pictures. Good bloodlines on all, but I am only doing 2 breeding projects right now and already have 3 roos, so these guys got to go.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Hi There Central Coast Peeps! I live in Shandon and have a small flock (5-7) raised for eggs. My RIR has gone broody again and I would like to get some fertilized eggs to put under her. Would any of you be willing and able to supply those? I need about 5 eggs, don't much mind about the breed but I would need: a good layer, somewhat tolerant to heat, docile. I would pick up and pay of course. Thank you for your help! -Crystal

Hi paso, creston, and shandon users! Im also in paso robles ( technically san miguel, but closer to paso.) I dont have any chickens yet, we had to tear down the old coop and are hoping to build the new one in september so its done before winter! It would be nice to meet new friends that also have chickens.

Hi, we live in Paso east side. We've had our hens for 1 1/2 years and we love them. We would love to get together with other central coast chicken lovers. Does anyone know if there is a local club? If not, than we need to have a meeting place and meet a few times a year to discuss our flocks. Anybody game?

Hi neighbors, I'm in Santa Barbara and had 6 backyard chickens but just lost my last 3 to a predator (after 3 years of no attacks), so I'm thinking of starting over. I started a Google Group called SB Chicken Lovers if anyone wants to join!

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/SBchickenlove

We have a strong Food not Lawns movement here in SB, many with backyard chickens and/or bees. We had 15-20 active FNL neighborhood garden exchanges going but it sort of petered out recently (the coordinators experienced a bit of burnout, including me!) However are still well connected and supportive of each other, just not as formally as before. Glad to find this Central CA chicken forum!

Hi, Im selling my "extreme cape cod" chicken coop along with my buff orpington and Rhode island red egg laying hens. Message me if interested. Im located in Paso Robles.

Hi everyone. I have sad news:

My RIR is dying (peritonitis/ascites) and we just received word that our landlord is going to move her son into this house, so we are getting the boot.

It's funny how a single email changes the course of your life. I was planning on attending the paso poultry show this morning with the intention of growing my flock and now I'm still planing on attending, but instead will be looking to rehome the remaining 2 birds. :(

It's a difficult decision for me, as these are family pets, all hand raised and super cuddly I like to say my barred rock hatched my daughter- her
Afternoon nap spot was my belly.

I don't think its fair, for them, to keep such a small flock (that's about to get smaller) and it's going to be infinitely harder to find a house that will accept a duck and a chicken.

Anyways, if you have room in your flock:
I have a 2.5 year old barred rock-lowest girl in the flock. Loves to chase things (good insect hunter)
And a 2.5 year old pekin drake- he's a big boy, but still sweet. And he's been a good "rooster" to my girls, chasing off stray cats and crows and whatnot.

It would be nice to keep them together, as they've been together since day1-but I understand that this may not be possible.

Back
Top Bottom