California-Inland Empire

Pics
Anyone want a free crowing legbar boy chick 9 weeks old? Last call. Pick up in Hemet.

D.gif

Hey guys I know this threads probably pretty old but thought id just ask anyways.. Im in Moreno Valley and have a small flock of Grady Taylor seramas and 1 naked neck pullet(eventually going to try to breed a line of NN seramas lol) however I was just wondering if anyone in the area had any quality modern game bantams for sale? A few years ago when I was MUCH younger I lived in Reche Canyon and was the owner of S n M Poultry ( freewebs.com/snmpoultry ) also on here as "S n M Poultry" lol I raced pro-am motocross and my career took off in the sport and due to almost constant traveling I had to rehome my entire flock.. Unfortunately I had a terrible crash leaving me in the hospital for 3 months and ending my career so now I basically have plenty of time to rebuild my flock! lol So if anyone has moderns or seramas lets link up!

Hey guys I know this threads probably pretty old but thought id just ask anyways.. Im in Moreno Valley and have a small flock of Grady Taylor seramas and 1 naked neck pullet(eventually going to try to breed a line of NN seramas lol) however I was just wondering if anyone in the area had any quality modern game bantams for sale? A few years ago when I was MUCH younger I lived in Reche Canyon and was the owner of S n M Poultry ( freewebs.com/snmpoultry ) also on here as "S n M Poultry" lol I raced pro-am motocross and my career took off in the sport and due to almost constant traveling I had to rehome my entire flock.. Unfortunately I had a terrible crash leaving me in the hospital for 3 months and ending my career so now I basically have plenty of time to rebuild my flock! lol So if anyone has moderns or seramas lets link up!

The thread is current just not very active. Welcome back Sorry about your crash.

Hey moto, sorry to hear about the crash... I ride too, but on the road w/ cruiser. (a little different lol)

anyways I have a Large size modern hen... The lady I got her from has bantams as well. She is in Norco. I will see if she still has some. I think they are Red Pyle in color.

Hey moto, sorry to hear about the crash... I ride too, but on the road w/ cruiser. (a little different lol)

anyways I have a Large size modern hen... The lady I got her from has bantams as well. She is in Norco. I will see if she still has some. I think they are Red Pyle in color. 

How big is a large size modern game hen? And do they also get broody frequently?

I'm looking to have a breed of chickens just for broodiness but would help if they can also function as meat birds :)

How big is a large size modern game hen? And do they also get broody frequently?

I'm looking to have a breed of chickens just for broodiness but would help if they can also function as meat birds
smile.png
My modern hen has never gone broody and doesnt lay well... more of an ornamental breed, not much meat either. Just really tall and thin.

American Games are the best broodys in the chicken world with good amount of meat.... but they dont get along well with other hens (if penned up and not raised together )

Last edited:

Thanks man, I still have all my bikes just cant race anymore lol you runnin a Harley or ? And yeah let me know on those bantys id appreciate that a bunch!

I'm looking to have a breed of chickens just for broodiness but would help if they can also function as meat birds
smile.png
I second JShubin on that.. moderns aren't really good for much except looks and friendliness. Cochins and silkies come in a close second in broodiness to American game in my opinion..

Back
Top Bottom