California - Northern

Juststruttin, I'm impressed! I understand about the long days, if I was doing it my own tree wouldn't get decorated until the afternoon of the 24th.

Shhhh don't tell anyone, but I doubt I will get a tree this year. Last year it took all my strength just to get the lights on. This year, I am going to bring home some garland and some pine cones and call it a day.

Thank you everyone for the congrats! I am so thrilled the chicks are doing fine. I heard te chicks peeping so loudly last night. I came down to check on them and found an egg leaking fluid from the piped hole. I knew the chick was in distress so I pulled him out. I had him out of the shell is about 3 minutes. She is huge! I am so glad I found her in time. She is doing great now!

Thank you everyone for the congrats! I am so thrilled the chicks are doing fine. I heard te chicks peeping so loudly last night. I came down to check on them and found an egg leaking fluid from the piped hole. I knew the chick was in distress so I pulled him out. I had him out of the shell is about 3 minutes. She is huge! I am so glad I found her in time. She is doing great now!
He/she.... Whatever it is!! Lol

Shhhh don't tell anyone, but I doubt I will get a tree this year.    Last year it took all my strength just to get the lights on.  This year,  I am going to bring home some garland and some pine cones  and call it a day.  
We moved from Smith driver, CA to Blythe, CA in November years ago. I didn't have the ambition to drag the decorations out of the mountain of boxes. I picked up a new box of small ornaments and we decorated a cactus! Boy, that was a fun trip! Me, brittany, afgan hound, parakeet, fish and a kitten in a pinto wagon, from one end of the state to the other. I got more than a few strange looks at rest areas along the way..

Quote: FYI, I put them in a zip lock bag when I do any tapping or cracking through the air cell....just in case it's gone bad! And trust me, more then once I was happy there was a bag between me and the egg and that I could zip it up right away!

So when are people's hatch dates???

Mine is the 25th.

jumpy.gif
This Sunday, the 6th

I have moved the last three years in a row right around this time each time, and I keep getting a smaller and smaller tree and only ever get the lights on them. In a way it is really pretty, but sad because I have so many great ornaments I don't use any more.

My 6 year old is getting a little gyped, but maybe this year I will do better........?
hmm.png

Quote: If it wasn't for the grandkids, I probably wouldn't do a tree either. Owning a gift shop during the holidaze is crazy too. A lot of fun also but by Christmas day all I want to do is sleep. We cut our tree with our family the weekend after Thanksgiving and usually put it up the weekend but it sits there for a week and I may get the lights on but I usually add a few ornaments each night and then decide it has enough and I put the rest away. I haven't decorated my house since I opened the gift shop 13 years ago! I tell everyone if they want to see a well decorated place they need to go to my store! We use to have at least 18 themed trees in the store.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom