California - Northern

So, the chicks are MIA. The last info for the tracking # shows they've been in Sacramento since 1:30AM and no one can update me on their status. Even though the tracking says guaranteed delivery by 3PM today, that's clearly not going to happen. I'm furious. I now have to take a second day off work and I have no idea what condition the chicks will arrive in. I certainly want a shipping refund from USPS. Guessig Jeff will have to handle that. *grrrrr*
somad.gif
How Sad!

I hope they show up and are ok.

I still have hopes the chicks will make it today. I have gotten phone calls telling me the eggs were ready for pick up before the tracking system even had them in town.

I still have hopes the chicks will make it today. I have gotten phone calls telling me the eggs were ready for pick up before the tracking system even had them in town.

They haven't reached the local office where I would pick them up, so I do not have any hope of seeing them today. Have called four times and been told each time they don't have them and don't know anything about their whereabouts beyond what the tracking system shows. Then they said I should call Redding or Sacramento, but they couldn't give me a number for those facilities.

Last edited:
They haven't reached the local office where I would pick them up, so I do not have any hope of seeing them today. Have called four times and been told each time they don't have them and don't know anything about their whereabouts beyond what the tracking system shows. Then they said I should call Redding or Sacramento, but they couldn't give me a number for those facilities.
When were they shipped?

So, the chicks are MIA. The last info for the tracking # shows they've been in Sacramento since 1:30AM and no one can update me on their status. Even though the tracking says guaranteed delivery by 3PM today, that's clearly not going to happen. I'm furious. I now have to take a second day off work and I have no idea what condition the chicks will arrive in. I certainly want a shipping refund from USPS. Guessig Jeff will have to handle that. *grrrrr*

5PM yesterday. Per that delivery (and paying for express),they were guaranteed to arrive today.
I'm so sorry to hear this!
hugs.gif
Hopefully they are just a little late and will be ok.
fl.gif

Quote: I actually already have a no-crow collar and thats why he is so quiet. To quote the Animal Control Officer I spoke to today while looking for advice, "Roosters are legal but the noise they make isn't." Hence why I'm looking for advice contesting it. He is now at or below the decibel level of most other neighborhood noise(cars honking, children playing, neighbor-the one complaining- talking on her phone on her porch at all hours, dogs barking, etc.) and according to the City Noise Ordinance, his crow is infrequent enough that he doesn't violate anything at all. He only crowed three times today.

So you see why I'm looking for advice. My neighbors are making unjust complaints, and I know I will need to fight them to keep my sweet rooster where he belongs, with his flock.

Back
Top Bottom