California - Northern

The color is too light and they do not have a brick shape. The feathers are too loose and they should not be down that low. Legs are a bit light. What I am saying about the brick shape is that the body is too short. They are not good quality. My two year old hen is closer to what they should look like.
Haha! Ron! I posted to the wrong thread. Everything wrong with my RIRs is because they're English Orps. Lol. Where are your rirs from? They look heritage. How are they at producing eggs? I'm looking for an amazing egg layer that's lightweight to replace my layer hens. They're mostly marans mixes and eat soooooo much! Thinking about hatching some trader joes eggs :)

Haha! Ron! I posted to the wrong thread. Everything wrong with my RIRs is because they're English Orps. Lol. Where are your rirs from? They look heritage. How are they at producing eggs? I'm looking for an amazing egg layer that's lightweight to replace my layer hens. They're mostly marans mixes and eat soooooo much! Thinking about hatching some trader joes eggs
smile.png
I have Mohawk RIRs from Ron Fogel and Kittle line RIR from Dick Horstman. The one in the picture is Fogel and the one on the right is Kittle.

The Kittle RIRs are better egg layers.

Pita Pintas are the best brown egg layer--They are not big eaters like the Marans.

I was going to say that the chickens you posted pictures of were very nice looking if they were orpingtons....
cool.png

I have Mohawk RIRs from Ron Fogel and Kittle line RIR from Dick Horstman. The one in the picture is Fogel and the one on the right is Kittle.

The Kittle RIRs are better egg layers.

Pita Pintas are the best brown egg layer--They are not big eaters like the Marans.

I was going to say that the chickens you posted pictures of were very nice looking if they were orpingtons....:cool:
Haha, are you hatching PPs or selling hatching eggs? I love them and wouldn't mjnd a little flock for laying

I will likely be hatching some Pita Pintas for the NYD hatch a long too.
uhmmm Ron I saw this in my hunt for bantam cochin hatching eggs. I don't know much about it but the shape of the bird in the pic looks wrong...not curvy enough but there are several pics if you want to get a better idea. If you are interested, the auction has ended but if you get in touch with the guy he may have some available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Black-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Back
Top Bottom