California - Northern

Thanks I am pretty darned excited about all three hatches! I had a dream about our boy last night...I have gone round the bend for sure...I am looking forward to having him here and hoping he and Cosmo get along well enough that they can occupy the same back yard. Looking forward to meeting you too :) Where are you located?
I am in Fairfield, near Solano Community College.
Your little man had really started to blossom into his personality now that I found a nice home for the older roo. He's now trying to round up all the juvies as "his" flock. This includes 10 orpingtons, 4 frizzled silkies, a frizzled showgirl, and a serama. He also thinks the 6 older banty hens should be his responsibility as well. Too funny!
He is still super tame - comes running for treats & scratches. I need to get some new pictures. He just keeps getting fluffier & fluffier.

Anyone else have mega broody hens right now?! I have almost one from each pen! A spangled orp, a langshan, an ayam cemani, CCL, buff delaware orp, 2 hmong.....it's never ending. I just keep going pen to pen with the broody cage lol

Anyone else have mega broody hens right now?! I have almost one from each pen! A spangled orp, a langshan, an ayam cemani, CCL, buff delaware orp, 2 hmong.....it's never ending. I just keep going pen to pen with the broody cage lol
wee.gif
no broodies!

I have 2 young showgirls that are super broody. They never bothered to lay eggs at all - just went right to setting.
barnie.gif

I have 3! A Sizzle a Silkie and a backyard mix 3rd , 4th and 4th times this year respectively!

Quote: YOu should get on his list for spring. I am on it and can't wait to get some then. I am behaving until then though. No NYD hatch-a-long for me....

Quote:
I know Sara on the 530 Poulrty FB page! She is a sweetie and really loves all of her birds. She is in Northern Chico.

I had one, but just broke her. It was my oldest Mottled Ameraucana hen. I don't want anyone raising chicks this time of year with the rain and muddy pen. Besides...I need the eggs. I am finally back getting about 4 day (2 Marans, a Wyandotte and an Ameruacana). About 1/2 the flock is still youngsters not even close to POL.

Up here I'm getting only bantam and quail eggs. Sure glad the quail are crazy layers even without added light. Every once in a while one of my soon to be 7 year old barred rocks gives us an egg.

Back
Top Bottom