California - Northern

I really just want sunshine and warmth. My next chore is trying to clean out and dry out duck pens

I use straw over the top of the mud during the winter and then in spring shovel it all out. I live on clay soil, so I just have to build a substrate of straw to keep the birds up off the mud. I have done this for 40 years with no problems.

Walt

I use straw over the top of the mud during the winter and then in spring shovel it all out. I live on clay soil, so I just have to build a substrate of straw to keep the birds up off the mud. I have done this for 40 years with no problems.

Walt
I have a huge soupy mess right now would it be a good idea to cover by 15'x 5' run in straw at this point? how deep?

Will you be selling any chicks from your Partridge Silkies in this coming spring?
That's a single comb. Without seeing the whole bird it's impossible to be sure but I'd say it's a Pit Game looking at the head. Maybe OEGB if it's a bantam bird.

I might not be hatching the partridge color this year. I have someone who might be taking my white hen (who produces partridge bred to my porcelain rooster) and her partridge daughter.

From my research I believe it's a golden campine but who knows it was part of an ornamental layer assortment from mcmurrays. She is the only one I haven't id yet.

Back
Top Bottom