California - Northern

Can't say I'm surprised but the smallest chick died last night. Even with the extra help of a chicken Mom it never transitioned over to food and water.
The 2 remaining blue babies are darting in and out from under her and taking the occasional climb on top to check out the view.

Today was our small animal field day for 4-H. People are pretty impressed when I can walk away to get a quick drink and the birds just chill on the table top, they know the drill. The Serama crowing under the table got a few laughs,

Can't say I'm surprised but the smallest chick died last night. Even with the extra help of a chicken Mom it never transitioned over to food and water.
The 2 remaining blue babies are darting in and out from under her and taking the occasional climb on top to check out the view.

Today was our small animal field day for 4-H. People are pretty impressed when I can walk away to get a quick drink and the birds just chill on the table top, they know the drill. The Serama crowing under the table got a few laughs,
hugs.gif
It is sad when that happens!

The field day sounds awesome!

Lordy. I for one am SO ready for this rain to end. I understand that we need it but yikes! All my coops are flooding. I need to spend tomorrow putting in some drainage - gotta love digging in the rain. I didn't have to deal with this the last few years since the big coop was built, but now I've got a 2' wide puddle inside the front door. Sigh.

Can I give them just plain rolled oats?

We sprinkle some rolled oats dry on the ground for our hens to forage - not a whole lot but just enough to look teasingly special to them. Some people cook up the oats for a warm porridge for their birds in the winter but I never tried that myself.

Well just candled the PItas at about day 16 (give it a few hours) and with the newer 300 lumen flashlight could tell all but 2 were developing one was a quiter and 1 was a clear I didnt catch last time.

7 Delaware eggs and 4 Silkies are developing as well

Back
Top Bottom