California - Northern

Quote: Kaki Campbell's are the greatest
thumbsup.gif

What is it with the insects around here? Mites last Fall, flies & now the hens have lice. :-( I noticed some of them had frayed feathers on their tails, so I knew something was up, but then today I found lice crawling on one of the eggs & I saw that one of the hens is missing feathers around her vent.

I dusted with Permethrin about a week and a half ago, then dusted again today, but I have the feeling these critters might be resistant.

Is anyone familiar with Scalex mite & lice spray? I thought I might order some of that & give it a try.

What is it with the insects around here? Mites last Fall, flies & now the hens have lice. :-( I noticed some of them had frayed feathers on their tails, so I knew something was up, but then today I found lice crawling on one of the eggs & I saw that one of the hens is missing feathers around her vent.

I dusted with Permethrin about a week and a half ago, then dusted again today, but I have the feeling these critters might be resistant.

Is anyone familiar with Scalex mite & lice spray? I thought I might order some of that & give it a try.
It might be worth trying Spinosad.

Last edited:

I've used Scalex for mites on chicks. I've never used it on adult birds or for lice. The active ingredients are Pyrethrins and Piperonyl Butoxide. I keep meaning to buy some Spinosad like Ron recommended.

Back
Top Bottom