California - Northern

Hey is anyone elses chickens acting off because we keep having the switch and hit weather? My hens have been laying around I think because we keep going from warm to almost freezing the past two weeks.

Hey is anyone elses chickens acting off because we keep having the switch and hit weather? My hens have been laying around I think because we keep going from warm to almost freezing the past two weeks.
that is happening here too! Egg laying is up and down

that is happening here too! Egg laying is up and down
Glad my chickens aren't alone, I was getting worried about them. But then I was like wait this happens in the summer when it gets extra hot.

The only chicken who isn't affected in currently inside quarantined because I had to take her because of a mentors/friends new rooster grew way bigger than expected(he is like 10 pound? I think...) and the hen is this tiny phoenix bantam who is like maybe a pound right now? I think she is under weight because she was getting picked on. Having to treat her for scaly leg mites + adjusting to the fact we have dogs.

Glad my chickens aren't alone, I was getting worried about them. But then I was like wait this happens in the summer when it gets extra hot.

The only chicken who isn't affected in currently inside quarantined because I had to take her because of a mentors/friends new rooster grew way bigger than expected(he is like 10 pound? I think...) and the hen is this tiny phoenix bantam who is like maybe a pound right now? I think she is under weight because she was getting picked on. Having to treat her for scaly leg mites + adjusting to the fact we have dogs.
I hope you get the mites under control!

0309181932.jpg
I live in Bay Area California.Would like to swap fertile eggs .I really want about half dozen Black Copper Maran eggs to hatch.Here is pic of color and breed fertile eggs I have to trade .

Back
Top Bottom