California - Northern

Anyone interested in an Arkansas Blue's breeding pair? Male is splash, female is black = 100% blue offspring. Since they are so rare, I'm looking for someone interested in working with them.

They are great foragers and fliers. If you have rafters, they will be in them. Covered run a must, or they will get out. They are smaller sized, lean birds.
I hope someone will work with them!

Every time I try to keep a rooster I get in trouble so cannot take them

I am using a hose end timer. It comes on at 2 and goes off at 6. If it is still hot at 6 I will run it for longer on manual.

The hottest part of the day is usually close to 4pm here and the temp goes down fairly fast after that. 95 to 105 is a bad range for them and the longer it is that hot the worse it can be. When it gets over 110 people lose chickens! The misting systems, shade and fresh water makes a big difference
I need to buy some timers.

Hey all, hello! I have a friend who lives in Eureka, now THAT's northern California! He makes fun of me when I say I live in northern California (20miles east of Sacramento) because HE's in the north, lol. I would have to say that anything south of Sacramento and north of the grapevine is in the central valley. It's all good!
I'm 20 west of Sacramento! Eureka is really almost Oregon. Giggle.

I'm 20 west of Sacramento! Eureka is really almost Oregon. Giggle.
Welcome Wagon.gif To the Norcal thread!

Back
Top Bottom