California - Northern

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a few Dominique chicks in the Sacramento area? I usually get chicks from Bradshaw Feed but when I called they said they don't carry Dominiques. I have had a variety of other breeds but would like to give Dominiques a try.

Giving away 2 very sweet cockerels. Literally out of our 20 chicks these two are in the top three sweetest. They love sitting on your lap and shoulders. I live in north california (Rohnert Park). Please message me. I’d be willing to deliver these two to good homes if it’s not too far.

Glory: 6 Week EE (Apricot), from a local breeder. Probably our sweetest chick and is already looking out for the flock when we give them outside time.
6F2E0F47-40F9-42D3-A40F-864CA027F94C.jpeg

Aspen: 5 Week OE from Alchemist Farms. On the website they have pictures of what they look like when they get older. Also a very sweet cockerel.
4AA9A4D7-010E-406F-8E70-F796F53FBDE9.jpeg

Giving away 2 very sweet cockerels. Literally out of our 20 chicks these two are in the top three sweetest. They love sitting on your lap and shoulders. I live in north california (Rohnert Park). Please message me. I’d be willing to deliver these two to good homes if it’s not too far.

Glory: 6 Week EE (Apricot), from a local breeder. Probably our sweetest chick and is already looking out for the flock when we give them outside time.
View attachment 3180223

Aspen: 5 Week OE from Alchemist Farms. On the website they have pictures of what they look like when they get older. Also a very sweet cockerel.
View attachment 3180222
I hope you find a good home for them!

I've got a friend who just hatched two Call ducks in Nevada County! I have a beautiful girl from one of her previous hatches - very healthy, very cute, very small. Anyone interested? I'd take them in a HEARTBEAT, but I haven't got the room.

I've got a friend who just hatched two Call ducks in Nevada County! I have a beautiful girl from one of her previous hatches - very healthy, very cute, very small. Anyone interested? I'd take them in a HEARTBEAT, but I haven't got the room.
They sound like good Ducks!

I am at my limit with chickens for Animals here sadly.

Just FYI: Avian influenza has been detected in Nor Cal. Happened last month, and I missed that news somehow. In Glenn, Colusa, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sonoma, Plumas, and Butte Counties. Wild birds only so far, from what I'm reading. Mostly Canada Geese and White Pelicans.
Thanks for the information!

Hi all - I've got two Easter Egger cockerels in Oakland that need a new home. I've posted on the buy-sell-trade and free rehoming forums here, as well as the Bay Area Craigslist with no interest so far. (side note vent - I've only gotten 6 chicks ever and all 3 EE's have been cockerels and they weren't straight run!). My first time, I didn't know where to look and was overwhelmed by what to do, waited until I had a hormonal 16+w cockerel that was causing problems and took him to Mike's Feed and Pet in San Leandro, but I felt guilty about it. Despite what the employees said, it was unclear to me what if any safeguards there were against mistreatment. I mean, it's impossible to know for sure in most cases, but this seemed like people just walk in and say they want a rooster and it's handed over.

Are there any places/ways I am missing to find a home for them within an hour of Oakland - either to be humanely raised for food (they're only 8w now), or a possibility that someone might want them for their flock?

Thanks!

Hi all - I've got two Easter Egger cockerels in Oakland that need a new home. I've posted on the buy-sell-trade and free rehoming forums here, as well as the Bay Area Craigslist with no interest so far. (side note vent - I've only gotten 6 chicks ever and all 3 EE's have been cockerels and they weren't straight run!). My first time, I didn't know where to look and was overwhelmed by what to do, waited until I had a hormonal 16+w cockerel that was causing problems and took him to Mike's Feed and Pet in San Leandro, but I felt guilty about it. Despite what the employees said, it was unclear to me what if any safeguards there were against mistreatment. I mean, it's impossible to know for sure in most cases, but this seemed like people just walk in and say they want a rooster and it's handed over.

Are there any places/ways I am missing to find a home for them within an hour of Oakland - either to be humanely raised for food (they're only 8w now), or a possibility that someone might want them for their flock?

Thanks!
It’s tough I know. I’m too far away to take them, and not ready to do so. I’m hoping that you can find a good home for them. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom