California - Northern

I'm native born, as were my parents and grandparents, and live in Granite Bay by Folsom Lake. A lot of Bay Area transplants live here. They really appreciate the warm summer evenings, BBQ's and T Shirts at 10:00 pm. As far as the NorCal border it's the Tehachapi Mts. Everything south is Southern California, everything north is Northern California. IF the state is ever divided in half that is where the boundary will be. The south won't let it happen though , they have most of the population, control the State Legislature and they want our water. Need to fill their swimming pools and water the golfcources. They also like to send their prisoners up here. Ever noticed most of the state prisons (Folsom, San Quentin, etc) are in Northern California. LA County fought like the devil to keep a state prison out. Prisoner families move up here to be nearby and too may of them stay after they are paroled. Northern California is a beautifu place to live.

I live in Willits which is definately Norther CA. I raise araucana's and Araucana crosses. Anyone else have araucanas in my area.

Lanae

Just over 2 weeks until Nor Cal chickenstock, and we would love to have more people, check it out here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=304383 and let us know if you will be able to make it
big_smile.png

Hello everybody! We are from the Stockton area. We are newbies. What started out as a homeschool science project for my 2 boys 8yr and 6yr old has now become a whole family affair. With no chance of us not keeping them now.
ya.gif
weve all grown too attached to them.
love.gif
and there not even hatched yet. We built our coop and run yesterday and now ANXIOUSLY awaiting for our eggs to hatch on Sat. May 29th.
fl.gif
Our first time to incubate.
ep.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Welcome to the club - or maybe I should say the lifestyle.
cool.png

Be sure to post updates when your brood hatches. We never get tired of hearing about newly arrived baby chicks - and pictures are always encouraged.
wink.png

The line between northern/southern California runs right through the Modesto/Merced/Madera/Fresno region of the Central Valley. I think anything north of Lodi is considered northern cali, from Lodi to Fresno is central, and anything south of Fresno is southern (like, Bakersfield)... at least that's how I've always seen it.

I've lived in Sacramento since 1983 but am originally from Merced, aka California's armpit.

Back
Top Bottom