California-Southern

Hi hugapug! I know Hemit Dennis does alittle coop building. BYC has TONS AND TONS of coop ideas. Other than that, it is best to shop around on the BYC site and get an idea of what you would like for your space. Then draw out the idea. There are also people that post on Craigslist that have ready made tractor type coops. Also a good carpenter can help you make your plans 3-D if you arenot handy with the tools..LOL
How many chickens do you plan to have and then make enough room for double that! You have no idea how easily 4 turn into 14 overnight.
big_smile.png

It's Hemet Dennis
lau.gif

If Hugapug clicks on the my coop there are a bunch of pictures you can show to some one that is near you that builds stuff. It would be a drive from you to me.

old.gif

Good morning, Glendale and Hacienda Heights! I'm in Long Beach. We're zoned for one hen past 20' the residence. Ummmm, kinda skirting the law a wee bit, but hey, they're flock animals and I'm not into being horrible to animals either. (total justification) that's why I'm currently setting 7 more and have ordered a set of 15 eggs. I know I know.... but hey... It's an experience.

Jane

Hugapug.... I always am recommeding Craigs List for stuff... but lemme tell ya, there's a really great coop on the site last week that I have been coveting. I also lost the battle at home and my DH will be building one instead.

I always look in the farm/garden section and am amazed at the number of coops that are out there. Best of luck!
thumbsup.gif

Jane

OK - Manuel is an awesome coop builder who posts on Craigslist. He is out of Pico Rivera and he is great. A bunch of folks from the LA Urban Chicken Enthusiasts have used him and he is building something for me right now. I'll give you his info if you're interested.

Hey all - I'm hoping to find someone in San Diego who has coturnix quail chicks. I've tried a few breeders I found online, but they don't do quail anymore :( Any leads?

Hello all! I'm in Alhambra, not too far from Hacienda Heights! I used to9 live in Rowland Heights for many years!

Good morning all - I am patiently waiting for my 5 girls, ETA July 16. I wasn't able to get any Salmon Favorelles due to no common ship date. Anyone here with them or know anyone in CA (north or southern, I will drive) that has them?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom