California-Southern

Jeeze now kern countys up in flames. Hope no ones hurt. A buch of buildings have gine down in flames. My mom and i found a refueling station for the water droping helicopters. There landing at brackett air port. Its so awsome.

Because we're at the bottom of the Duarte Fish Canyon/Angeles National Forest fires we have fire-fighting aircraft still flying overhead day and night - the flames have been put out near the homes but the hills are still smoldering with smokey hot spots - air quality sucks:

I have video but idk how to upload it. Yesterday mom and me found where they fill up on the fire retardent for the copters. Totally badass watching them land and everything. They refuel at brackett air port.

I have video but idk how to upload it. Yesterday mom and me found where they fill up on the fire retardent for the copters. Totally badass watching them land and everything. They refuel at brackett air port.
YOu have to up load them to either YouTube or Vimeo.... from there you can link to show them her. BYC will only take video from those sources.

deb

This one was sold to me as a Welsummer at 2 days old and while it has become fairly clear that is not the case, we are still guessing at her heritage. Any ideas? I am loving the patterning coming in tho
1f60b.png

Well dammed it. I lost another chicken. My crested cream legbar! My 3rd one to just up and die. She was about to lay i had her since she was a little chick. Her brothers still alive. Ive had 3 didfrent females from 3 doffrent buyers and all die. But im not giving up going to contact this guy and get some at the end of the month. He has some rare breeds includinf those all black ones.

Hi All,

I hope everyone is safe from all the fires and the smoke! Thankfully we aren't anywhere near them this time around. I haven't lost any to the heat. I'm sure glad it is cooling down a bit.

One thing that my girls LOVE = we took corn and other veggies along with fruit and chopped it up and put it in cupcake pans. Filled them with water and froze them. We gave them as treats when it was super hot.

I had to get rid of all my roosters. I have gotten rid of 15 baby roos, but still have a couple Salmon Faverolles and some Silkies I need to rehome. I will find lots more as soon as they get big enough to crow. These roos are free to anyone that wants them!

I have lots of babies for sale if anyone is interested in adding chicks. I have silver spangled appenzeller spitzhauben about 12 weeks old. I have bantam EE's also 12 weeks. These are all hens. I have silkies of all ages (un-sexed). I have Mille Fleur bantams about 8 weeks old. I have lots of others but haven't figured out exactly what I have and what age they are.

I can't ship, but will meet you locally if you are interested.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I hope everyone is safe from all the fires and the smoke!  Thankfully we aren't anywhere near them this time around.  I haven't lost any to the heat.  I'm sure glad it is cooling down a bit.

One thing that my girls LOVE = we took corn and other veggies along with fruit and chopped it up and put it in cupcake pans.  Filled them with water and froze them.  We gave them as treats when it was super hot.  

I had to get rid of all my roosters.  I have gotten rid of 15 baby roos, but still have a couple Salmon Faverolles and some Silkies I need to rehome.  I will find lots more as soon as they get big enough to crow. These roos are free to anyone that wants them!

I have lots of babies for sale if anyone is interested in adding chicks.  I have silver spangled appenzeller spitzhauben about 12 weeks old.  I have bantam EE's also 12 weeks. These are all hens.  I have silkies of all ages (un-sexed).  I have Mille Fleur bantams about 8 weeks old.  I have lots of others but haven't figured out exactly what I have and what age they are. 

I can't ship, but will meet you locally if you are interested.

Thanks!

I coukd see the fires and on the first day snell them. If you have any lavendar orpingtons or creamleg bars let me know. And id love to hear what other chicks you have

I coukd see the fires and on the first day snell them. If you have any lavendar orpingtons or creamleg bars let me know. And id love to hear what other chicks you have
I hope that the fires are burning away from you. That smell is so nasty, and it lingers. I have a bonded pair of what I think is Buff Brahma, I have Black Copper Maran, Ayam Cemani, Frizzled EE, Olive eggers, Seabrights,and Fly Tiers all from shipped eggs. Lots more, but I wasn't very good at keeping the chicks separate, so they are all mixed together. Not sure how many of each or how many I will actually sell. I had an EE roo with EE hens, a Buff Orp, Dominique, Black Sex Link and a New Hampshire Red. I've been hatching their eggs and I have a bunch of those babies. They should lay either blue or green eggs. But, haven't raised any long enough to see their eggs. I had to get rid of the roo, (City code doesn't allow, and I had a neighbor complain).

I did hatch some legbars, but only had roos. Gave those away a few months ago.

Hi All!
Hope you are staying safe with the fires...we have been getting the drift smoke and ash up here, but thankfully we have been pretty safe so far!

I have a question about the heat and chickens. Is it typical when its hot for them to be really sleepy and mellow? Just wondering if mine are doing ok are the heat is taking its toll?

I have a Bantam Cochin, so lots of feathering. We have a fan to circulate air, shade and giving plenty of water and cool treats. Eating and drinking, although not as much in the heat of the day. Still s laying every other day. Poop has been more watery, with more white and water than typical, but I figure its just releasing all the water she is drinking.

Just wanted to check with some more experienced chicken folks and see if we are doing ok or if there is anything I should do/give them :) Not used to seeing sleepy and mellow!

Hi All!
Hope you are staying safe with the fires...we have been getting the drift smoke and ash up here, but thankfully we have been pretty safe so far!

I have a question about the heat and chickens. Is it typical when its hot for them to be really sleepy and mellow? Just wondering if mine are doing ok are the heat is taking its toll?

I have a Bantam Cochin, so lots of feathering. We have a fan to circulate air, shade and giving plenty of water and cool treats. Eating and drinking, although not as much in the heat of the day. Still s laying every other day. Poop has been more watery, with more white and water than typical, but I figure its just releasing all the water she is drinking.

Just wanted to check with some more experienced chicken folks and see if we are doing ok or if there is anything I should do/give them :) Not used to seeing sleepy and mellow!

conserving on energy... all good as long as they are eating and drinking.

deb

Back
Top Bottom