California-Southern

I ordered stuff off amazon to make my own. I dont like the hose one doesnt cool mine down enough.

evaporation of water only cools the air down about 20 degrees.... The finer the mist the better the job. the way to get fine mist is to have High pressure nozzels. Not cheap.

Ideally Water comes out of the house at about 60psi.... Good enough to wash your hair in the shower.... will blow the heads off the low pressure nozzles. But then you have nmy case where I had to put a pressure regulator on the water main.... because the pressure was turning my inside faucets ON... jsut a drip or two.... At the time I had 80 psi coming out.

Here are some Answers to how this all works. Yep they are trying to sell you stuff but the FAQ is good.

http://www.aquamisters.com/faq.html

deb

I ordered stuff off amazon to make my own. I dont like the hose one doesnt cool mine down enough.

Yeah, the stand-alone misters that hook to a hose only have two nozzles for a fine mist. Like I say I don't know how many chickens you have but the one Orbit stand we have is enough fine misting for our 4 hens. We also found that after one summer of using misters, the nozzle ends are too built-up with lime deposits and we found it easier just to replace with new nozzles. We keep a package of nozzles on hand. We tried to use CLR to clean out the nozzles and it was a joke - just easier to replace the nozzles with new ones.

If anyone is interested in some Serama chicks, my dad is selling 4 one-month olds (straight run) and 2 four-month old cockerels. The mama hen pictured with the baby chicks is not for sale.

Here's the link to the ad if interested. I'm actually helping him sell because his English isn't great, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
They are so adorable!

All your photos are darling! Those chick tails are so darn cute!!!!

If anyone is interested in some Serama chicks, my dad is selling 4 one-month olds (straight run) and 2 four-month old cockerels. The mama hen pictured with the baby chicks is not for sale.

Here's the link to the ad if interested. I'm actually helping him sell because his English isn't great, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
They are so adorable!

These babies are ADORABLE!! As well as the parents! Those tails are so adorable! What is their typical size when full grown? I have a bantam cochin...same size comparably?

These babies are ADORABLE!! As well as the parents! Those tails are so adorable! What is their typical size when full grown? I have a bantam cochin...same size comparably?

They are tiny! Seramas are the smallest chicken breed in the world. I think they are smaller than most bantams (I think. Not sure because I don't have any bantams.) They are definitely smaller than silkies. I'm on my way to someone's place right now. Later I will dig up some pics I took a while back comparing them to a $1 bill and a full grown rooster next to a small coke bottle.

Last edited:
They are tiny! Seramas are the smallest chicken breed in the world. I think they are smaller than most bantams (I think. Not sure because I don't have any bantams.) They are definitely smaller than silkies. I'm on my way to someone's place right now. Later I will dig up some pics I took a while back comparing them to a $1 bill and a full grown rooster next to a small coke bottle.
I have horrible luck hatching shipped Serama eggs. I had great luck with D'Uccle and Seabrights, but not the Seramas. They all came from the same place.

I do know that the D'Uccles I hatched were WAY tinier than my silkies. I had to keep them separate from my silkie babies because they got run over on a regular basis. They were 3 months old before I was comfortable putting them with my 3 week old babies that went outside.

Back
Top Bottom