California-Southern

Quote:

Sorry for the double post but I just had to add that Anderson's DOES have the best split pea soup!
lol.png

Welcome to the board.

I LOVE Anderson's!!!! I always stop by when I'm driving up north. Yummmmm. Did you know that they sell can ones at ralphs?

Hi! I live in Sylmar, CA and we currently have 2 hens named Extra Crispy and Buffalo. Where does everyone get their chickens from since I'm looking to grow my chickadees family!

I’m in acton! My husband works in sylmar! We get our chickens from our local feed store (fox feed) and are starting to breed our own.

Hi guys,
I am having to downsize and my four ladies are searching for new digs.

1. Goldie is a 2.5 year old Orphington and she's the boss round these parts. Still laying (the best layer actually)
2. Brownie is 1.5 year old Americana and there's nothing wrong with being a beta.
3. Antoinette is a 8 month old Americana and she's a looker. Best hair in the house.
4. Gladis is a 8 month old Americana and turned into the lover and also the adventerous one. She isn't fazed by my neighbor's pitbull, likes to climb trees and long walks on the beach.
We are in San Diego

Hi guys,
I am having to downsize and my four ladies are searching for new digs.

1. Goldie is a 2.5 year old Orphington and she's the boss round these parts. Still laying (the best layer actually)
2. Brownie is 1.5 year old Americana and there's nothing wrong with being a beta.
3. Antoinette is a 8 month old Americana and she's a looker. Best hair in the house.
4. Gladis is a 8 month old Americana and turned into the lover and also the adventerous one. She isn't fazed by my neighbor's pitbull, likes to climb trees and long walks on the beach.
We are in San Diego
Hi, Do you have any pictures of Gladis and Antionette?

Hey Everyone,

I live in the Los Angeles area, Hollywood Hills to be exact! Here is a post that I put up on Backyard Poultry last month and it was suggested that I put it on the Southern California thread

Jan 10, 201721941
Hello fellow poultry enthusiasts! Years ago I acquired an old but functional Leahy 1200 redwood incubator. I always dreamed about having one but it turns out that since I received it, only hatched one batch of eggs out and have not used it for years. At this point in time, want to move it out of the garage since I have smaller, very precise incubators and don't hatch a ton of eggs. If you are interested, I will let this go for the low price of $200; the freight is what will be the killer. It needs some work but is functional. Please message me with any questions; I am in the Los Angeles area.

Attachments

• IMG_7098[1].JPG
    IMG_7098[1].JPG
    592.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7100[1].JPG
    IMG_7100[1].JPG
    666.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7099[1].JPG
    IMG_7099[1].JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi everyone! Does anyone in SoCal breed bantam meat birds they process? This is kinda morbid but I'm looking for someone I can get bantam chicken skulls/heads from for some art projects lol. Thank you!

Hello! Another Sylmar person here. I've got my own sizeable flock of 14 hens and I adore every single one 🥰

Unfortunately, a ''pullet'' I got turned out to be a roo 😞 Free to a good home for him as the part of the flock he hangs out with are bantam hens and I've already seen him trample two of them in an attempt to mate - so as much as I'd like to keep him I'd rather rehome before he injures any of them. He's a gorgeous bird and I'd love to get updates on him but it's not a requirement. His name is Edward! He's a 6 month old Easter Egger - I haven't seen any signs of aggression from him whatsoever.

I'm willing to drive out as far as Palmdale/OC.

Attachments

• 20201220_145636.jpg
    20201220_145636.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201220_150230.jpg
    20201220_150230.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom