California-Southern

We have an American Game hen, 4 2-week old chicks and a dog that goes crazy around them. How do I get him to calm down around the chickens? He killed 2 baby chicks we had a few months ago.
hit.gif

thanks for the baby pics!
Sorry to hear about your dog vs chicks. It seems like either they do or they do not chase the chickens, maybe someone on here will have some advice?

Anyone in orange county use sand for their coop/run bedding? I'm in the final stages of finishing my chicken coop and want to put sand in both the run and coop. I need about 20 cubic feet. Where did you buy it? How much did it cost? It's about 30 bucks for 9 cubic feet at home depot.

Anyone in orange county use sand for their coop/run bedding? I'm in the final stages of finishing my chicken coop and want to put sand in both the run and coop. I need about 20 cubic feet. Where did you buy it? How much did it cost? It's about 30 bucks for 9 cubic feet at home depot.

I do! It works fabulously. I only use it under the roost, so I just needed one bag (50#?) from Home Depot. It's about 1" thick, and that has been plenty.

call a Sand and gravel company they will deliver I bought five cubic yards from RCP for about 125... 20 cubic feet they probably can just dump directly into your truck.

Get mixed sized particles too not super screened. I got just river sand for my horse made excellent drainiage and a soft bed for her to lay in.

deb

I do!  It works fabulously.  I only use it under the roost, so I just needed one bag (50#?) from Home Depot.  It's about 1" thick, and that has been plenty. 

Cool! I've been debating only using it in the actual coop for litter - especially to help keep feet/eggs clean. do you use any bedding in the run? My run is just loose dirt since I dug out the pad and laid wire down, then put dirt back over the wire.

Back
Top Bottom