California-Southern

Hi everyone. I’m moving from the SF Bay Area to the San Gabriel Valley in a few months and we are bringing our 3 hens with us. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good vet? We'll be living in the Covina/West Covina area but are willing to drive to see a good vet.

What time do your chickens wake up?

I live in LA and currently there isn't light until about 6:45am. But my girls get up at 6am and are ready to get out of their coop. The auto door opens at 6:25. But they are banging around by then!

I am always there when the door opens to greet them and give them fresh water and food.

Would be nice to get to sleep in longer but don't want to keep them locked up if they are awake and ready to get out and start their day 😅

Hello, from Glendora 91741. My partner has got the chicken addiction and ordered a bunch of sexed chicks from Meyer's over the past few months. We still have a lot we are looking to sell. The chicks range from 8 weeks to 18 weeks old. Different types of marans (cuckoo, blue), orpingtons (blue, lavender, black and buff), olive Eggers, creme legbars and many many more we are not sure what breeds they are. All chicks are females and are $15 each for the older ones. Roosters are free if you'd like one but of course they are separated from the females. Bulk discounts available.

Hi everyone. I’m moving from the SF Bay Area to the San Gabriel Valley in a few months and we are bringing our 3 hens with us. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good vet? We'll be living in the Covina/West Covina area but are willing to drive to see a good vet.
Our favorite vet (who also worked in the poultry industry) is Dr. Zabihi at Duarte-Azusa Animal Hospital in Duarte -- local mountain rangers bring injured wildlife to his hospital so he sees more than just dogs and cats. He's so popular and busy I'll hate to see the day he retires!

Our backup vet when Dr. Z is on vacation is TLC Animal Hospital in Baldwin Park -- usually sees dogs/cats but we have used him to see one of our birds.

In Norco which is a farmland area there is an Animal & Bird Veterinary Medical Center that we have bookmarked just in case we can't see Dr. Z or TLC in an emergency -- though we've never actually been there yet -- but we've seen the hospital from the highway when we purchased our Silkies from a Norco breeder last year. The location is right at the tip of Riverside County that butts against the Los Angeles & San Bernardino tips.

We've never used just an avian vet since they are usually in upper-end neighborhoods and office visits are more pricey.

If you need more info let me know.

Our favorite vet (who also worked in the poultry industry) is Dr. Zabihi at Duarte-Azusa Animal Hospital in Duarte -- local mountain rangers bring injured wildlife to his hospital so he sees more than just dogs and cats. He's so popular and busy I'll hate to see the day he retires!

Our backup vet when Dr. Z is on vacation is TLC Animal Hospital in Baldwin Park -- usually sees dogs/cats but we have used him to see one of our birds.

In Norco which is a farmland area there is an Animal & Bird Veterinary Medical Center that we have bookmarked just in case we can't see Dr. Z or TLC in an emergency -- though we've never actually been there yet -- but we've seen the hospital from the highway when we purchased our Silkies from a Norco breeder last year. The location is right at the tip of Riverside County that butts against the Los Angeles & San Bernardino tips.

We've never used just an avian vet since they are usually in upper-end neighborhoods and office visits are more pricey.

If you need more info let me know.
Thank you for the recommendations @Sylvester017. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom