1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wolftracks, Aug 31, 2011.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I think they missed a break in my arm when they did the xrays. Going back to the ER today and have them check. What a pain! Literally.

2. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    We are currently offering the following for sale:

Clean faced Araucana chicks
    BLRW chicks (bloodlines include foley, red roof hens, and others).
    Mille Fleur D'Uccle Trio hatched Christmas week
    Mille Fleur D'uccle Trio (ages 6-10 months)

We can take Paypal of credit cards on the spot. You can also purchase birds off our website. We are reducing the number of breeds we carry so that we can focus on just 4 breeds going forward to make them as perfect as possible! View our website for photos or to purchase http://www.DieFlyRanch.com/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Funny, my roo started going after my husband and periodically me but everyone else is safe. We have tons of family who bring their families and grandkids down to see all the animals. They pick up the hens and everything is fine with Big Daddy, but for a period it seemed like every time we turned around this guy was after us. We've both had to boot him and then carried a broom around with us until he settled down. I still keep an eye on him but he hasn't flogged since our battle period. It's pretty situational. The first time he lost all his girls, the next time it was when I separated all the Polish into their own pen. He was not happy that he couldn't manage them. But each time he settled in and realized the change was what it was.

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto

I added you info to the member section and breeder section on the first page. Let me know when to removed the birds you are selling now and five me a list of the 4 breeds you will be working with and I'll add those.

I think since a lot of these roos are in the same age range and trying to get hold of all the hens t the same time, they are becoming too antsy and everything is a target. Some will be going soon anyway. I'm going to stop hold on to the best and finding a couple of new ones a little later on, so just need to get thing under control. I was working on the first hoop coop when I took off to pick Makayla up and broke my arm. I have to get back to that after the 16th when I hopefully get a smaller cast and can function better. Then those boogers are being penned most of the time till I get other things done out there too.

5. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Thank you for adding it. I hope I did it correctly this time :)

6. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    I'm going to the Fresno show, and staying down there Friday night too. I'm only bringing one pullet, as my cockerel got in a fight and looks terrible. I thought I'd start small for my first show.

7. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Sarah and Kim I hope you both feel better real soon!

8. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Thanks! I'm afraid I really damaged my back. I haven't gotten much better. If this was muscle related I would think I would be better by now. Ugh! I took X-rays today. Results should be back Wednesday.
    Thankfully my 7 year old has been taking care of the birds. She is getting ready for this weekends Fresno show by washing her babies.
    [​IMG]

9. MrsMoonCat

MrsMoonCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Madera, CA
    It looks like she has everything under control. What a cutie!

10. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Sarah, have you tried muscle relaxers. Once those muscles get flared up it's hard to get them to calm down. I'm seeing my surgeon in SF on Thursday. Hopefully getting my back surgery scheduled, so I do feel your pain. Hope your back just needs some rest. What a great daughter you have, taking care of everything.

Kim, did you find out if there was any more breaks?

Good luck to everyone at the Fresno show!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by