CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Ok Wolftracks, you asked for pictures and you like Roos, so here is one for you:

SG Dorking Roo, 16 weeks old and 2.6 pounds:

Enjoy!

Ron

Ok Wolftracks, you asked for pictures and you like Roos, so here is one for you:

SG Dorking Roo, 16 weeks old and 2.6 pounds:

Enjoy!

Ron
Oh yeah! I actually have Dorking eggs coming in the mail!

OK I lost the second black baby. He was chubby and didn't look like anything should be wrong and he died. The 2 white ones are way different sizes. She's obviously feeding them, but one has grown twice as big as the other and the smaller one is growing fur. I'm hoping I don't lose any more and that they are both does. That's not my luck though, but it would be nice. And I have no white rabbits, so I may keep them anyway. But what's weird about this litter is, I bred her where they should have been born last month. I didn't want a summer litter, so the only thing I can think of is she is in a cage connected to the mail. Never had a breeding through a cage though EVER! I had thought about breeding her the day before she delivered and then thought that wasn't a good idea since the heat is upon us. I've been buying bags of ice and icing down all of the animals, but if I can get my SIL cornered when he isn't working out of town, I'm going to buy a small chest freezer and keep it out back, so I have plenty of frozen bottles and containers for everyone. Took me forever today to fill waterers with electrolites and vitamins and scoop ice into everything I could fine.

I'm finally having some success with my meal worms. I have a bunch of beetles so I hope they start a nice little worm farm for me and the feathered babies. I have a small container, so I need to get a bigger one this coming week. Maybe I'll get enough, so when I don't have to freeze containers for the summer I can freeze mealies for them instead.

We went to my grand daughter's graduation party today. I came home with lettuce plants from my sister, so I really need to go get netting and put my plants into the raised bed and some feed bags.

OK gotta go check and see if I have anymore quail hatched out.

jumpy.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
Ooooh, bet those are going to be some super cute babies!
love.gif

I just hatched (some with the help of a broody) 6 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks and have more chicks ( 9 bantam buff Brahmas, one bantam Mille Fleur Cochin and 4 bantam Polish) due to hatch this coming Tuesday
celebrate.gif

My sizzle eggs have started to hatch!!!!!

jumpy.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
Ooooh, bet those are going to be some super cute babies!
love.gif

I just hatched (some with the help of a broody) 6 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks and have more chicks ( 9 bantam buff Brahmas, one bantam Mille Fleur Cochin and 4 bantam Polish) due to hatch this coming Tuesday
celebrate.gif
Cool! Ours were with a broody also, and we have some more that are going to hatch on tues also!

I posted this in the incubating hatching thread but haven't had any answers. This is my first time hatching eggs in an incubator and I'm a nervous mommy!
jumpy.gif

Please help! I am in the middle of my first experience with hatching eggs in an incubator! It has been thrilling and I can tell will be addicting! I have 3 chicks that hatched earlier than the others and are 1 1/2 days old. New ones are hatching today and the older 3 are pecking on them. They are even eating the egg yolk sac off the newly hatched chicks. Is there anything that I need to do about this or just let them go until the hatching is completed? TIA

I posted this in the incubating hatching thread but haven't had any answers. This is my first time hatching eggs in an incubator and I'm a nervous mommy!
jumpy.gif

Please help! I am in the middle of my first experience with hatching eggs in an incubator! It has been thrilling and I can tell will be addicting! I have 3 chicks that hatched earlier than the others and are 1 1/2 days old. New ones are hatching today and the older 3 are pecking on them. They are even eating the egg yolk sac off the newly hatched chicks. Is there anything that I need to do about this or just let them go until the hatching is completed? TIA

Get the older ones into the Brooder--Moving them out quickly will not hurt the ones hatching. The younger ones will be ok with them when they recover from hatching. It seems like one or two always hatch early.

Congratulations!
celebrate.gif
What type of Incubator do you have?

Ron

Thanks, Ron! I am actually egg/chick sitting for Cheryl while she is out of town. I also had 4 eggs that were under my broody before she met an untimely death last Thurs. They are the 3 that hatched first and are terrorizing the new ones. I got the fertile eggs from Karen T. I've had 2 Salmon Faverolles and 1 marans/olive egger hatch. Then today, Cheryl's Speckled Sussex and BS Langshans started hatching! We are in chick heaven around here! I am using 2 of Cheryl's hovabators to hatch this group. Then I have her rcom 50 full of eggs that are due to hatch on 6/9.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom