CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

OMG! Loving all the cute pics of babies!!!
thanks!
Disco they're adorable!
jumpy.gif

The bunny is cute also!
Thanks! Haven't talked for awhile!
I am having fun playing with a new app on my phone. I thought I would share.
smile.png

I HAVE THE SAME APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought this was good. Usually things my sister sends me just chap my butt, but I like this one.

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:
"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just
pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more
than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible
for re-election.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)
took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple!
The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail,
cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year
or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to
a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask
each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will
have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed
around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2012
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow in to the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in
Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers
envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will
only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive
the message. Don't you think it's time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS

I meant to add it shouldn't just be Congress. I know a pretty dense mayor. I think it needs to go the whole spectrum.

Last edited:
104 here today. Lost one of my best Delaware hens today, from the heat. That makes 3 this year. My Dorkings are all fine- hot but tolerating it. Some of them are standing under the sprinkler.
Why would white American breed chickens be more susceptible to the heat than gray British chickens???
And it's the best ones that are dropping dead. The culls are panting, but still alive.

Some times I think I'm cursed when it comes to chickens.

My pigs are happy. They got chicken for lunch.

Kim

I'm looking for a couple of white leghorn pullet/hens to use in a breeding project. They don't have to be perfect, but prefer they don't have obvious DQ's. A red pyle leghorn would be perfect if anyone has them. I'd prefer something I could drive to within a few hours. I'm in the Sacramento area.

Thanks,
Deb

104 here today. Lost one of my best Delaware hens today, from the heat. That makes 3 this year. My Dorkings are all fine- hot but tolerating it. Some of them are standing under the sprinkler.
Why would white American breed chickens be more susceptible to the heat than gray British chickens???
And it's the best ones that are dropping dead. The culls are panting, but still alive.

Some times I think I'm cursed when it comes to chickens.

My pigs are happy. They got chicken for lunch.

Kim

Sorry to hear about the loss of you best Delaware Hen. Maybe they were bread for the East coast?

This from Speckeled Hen:

Contrary to what you may think, Delawares are not as heat tolerant as you would expect of a white chicken. Mine are the first to pant and hang their wings, even before the Orpingtons. It could be because their musculature is so dense, but I'm not really sure. Others have had that same experience with theirs as well. I almost lost my Delaware rooster twice last summer, which was unusually hot and humid for much longer than we normally get here at our elevation in the mtns.

My Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers seem to do quite well as do my Rocks, but then, an unusually hot summer for us is 90* and 80% humidity. It's like breathing water sometimes at that combination.

Ron

Kim I am sorry you lost your Delaware. I lost a Wheaten Marans a few days ago & we are having a heat wave too. I am losing growing out chicks to an oppossum too. My son is trying to trap him & goes out nightly with his gun but has not been able to get him yet. He has killed several already this season but so far this one is escaping him. What a bummer. I have lost a Coronation Sussex & a Dominique so far & dread each new day fearing more bad news. I am ready to camp out there myself with my trusty ol" gun that I have always used for gophers & other unwanted critters though the years. When my kids were growing up I was the "Annie Oakley" of the place but my grown son took over that job years ago......LOL

Back
Top Bottom