CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Paige is home and doing well!
smile.png

wee.gif
highfive.gif
Go Paige! Great news!

I'd feel more like a genius if I had thought about this is say, May! I hate flip flops, but I practically live in them. I'd rather buy those and toss them than the ugly sandals they make these days. So I have a lot of them that have the part that pulls through the hole and then you can never wear them without them coming out again and you tripping on them. So this week I broke 4 pairs. Had a pile I was tossing and going to add to and later when I went in to take a shower, there sat my solution. Bathroom chaulking!!!!!!!!!!! I squeezed some in the hole, Put the thingy back in and let them dry. I even filled one pair in that had ripped. HA! Don't have to pay for another pair till they completely wear out. Figures it's getting colder and we have rain coming, but I'll never fight with another pair of those things EVER again! I'm good I tell ya!
Just posted this on FB, but I thought I'd gloat and add it here, so copying and pasting.

I'd feel more like a genius if I had thought about this is say, May! I hate flip flops, but I practically live in them. I'd rather buy those and toss them than the ugly sandals they make these days. So I have a lot of them that have the part that pulls through the hole and then you can never wear them without them coming out again and you tripping on them. So this week I broke 4 pairs. Had a pile I was tossing and going to add to and later when I went in to take a shower, there sat my solution. Bathroom chaulking!!!!!!!!!!! I squeezed some in the hole, Put the thingy back in and let them dry. I even filled one pair in that had ripped. HA! Don't have to pay for another pair till they completely wear out. Figures it's getting colder and we have rain coming, but I'll never fight with another pair of those things EVER again! I'm good I tell ya!
Just posted this on FB, but I thought I'd gloat and add it here, so copying and pasting.

It is good to hear from you!

Any more purple eggs?

I was out trying to see the meteor shower and got frustrated. Nuttin! Checked in on FB and saw that some of you had a quake tonight. Hope no one was scared. Heard it was a 5.3.

Great idea Kim. Aaron has gone through 3 pair this year with the same problem & they were not the cheapies either. I thought if I bought the really good ones for a change instead of cheapy myself out they might last longer...NOT.!!!! I will share your brainstorm with him. He may still have some broken nes laying around in his room.

Great idea Kim. Aaron has gone through 3 pair this year with the same problem & they were not the cheapies either. I thought if I bought the really good ones for a change instead of cheapy myself out they might last longer...NOT.!!!! I will share your brainstorm with him. He may still have some broken nes laying around in his room.
Yeah I may have to stock up before next year. LOL From now on I'm going to seal them before I ever wear them.

I thought I saw a dead hen this morning and when I got close, these little guys took off in different directions. LOL No dead hen, just Fat Chick and her 10 chick brood.

Back
Top Bottom