CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Are they selling sexed chicks? ( that usually says they are hatchery birds on those breeds) Ask to see pictures of their chickens and their eggs. The only Americauna breeder I know down that way is on BYC. I'm in San Jose, not too far, but I wont have full bread Marans until later in the spring, right now my girls are running with 2 roosters and I won't separate until there is enough light for them to lay on their won.

offering to meet isn't that unusual, but being able to have time to do that ( not a busy farm ) AND having website issues would prick my ears too. But it does happen. I would just look at the pictures of the chickens and make sure they look like pictures someone takes of their own chickens and not ones stolen from the Internet :). And ask to see the Marans eggs that are laying NOW not the photo of thier best eggs. They should be close to that photo, unless they had no time out over winter.
I always think people know I'm legit because my photos are so crappy, ha!

I like to meet people on Craig's list a places other than my house.

Bio security and getting harassed by an un mentionable group are two reasons.

The old parking lot transfer and etc.

You can get all of those breeds from BYC members. I have seen very nice BLRW and Marans around here.

fl.gif
I hope you find them!
They are selling the chicks straight run and at $15/chick. That is the most I've paid, I'm not against paying that much for show quality, pure bred chickens. I just want to be sure it's legit. I have already purchased some AMAZING chicks from a few breeders on here (for much less) and love them. I just can't seem to get my hands on any right now!
barnie.gif

So I decided to look on Craigslist. It was the combination of things that made me skeptical. The photos are beautiful, they look professional. The birds are amazing and the egg color looks great. All of that led me to believe that they must be a large/reputable breeder. That's why I assumed someone on here had to of purchased from them/heard of them before.

No biggie
smile.png
I appreciate every ones help! And if anyone here has what I'm looking for, feel free to PM me!

Hi Kim,
I sell Blue ribbon winning Splash Marans hatching eggs. Also can do F1 OE will my Splash roo (Wade Jeane lines) x my Wheaten Ameraucanas (John Blehm). So far F1 OE have laid anything from a gorgeous olive green to a muddy brown! Sonoma County. Will ship!
Dawn

Okay, my new little duckies. I never photographed any babies as hard as these in my life. Chicks will freeze and you can get the shot if you are reasonably quick. These guys (2) are like lightening and BUSY! I tried to get a quick shot before going to bed. Tonight I'm going to have to actually work at this a little harder.

Love those feet!

Deb

Okay, my new little duckies. I never photographed any babies as hard as these in my life. Chicks will freeze and you can get the shot if you are reasonably quick. These guys (2) are like lightening and BUSY! I tried to get a quick shot before going to bed. Tonight I'm going to have to actually work at this a little harder.

Love those feet!

Deb
I love ducklings!! So cute. What breed Deb??

Hi Kim,
I sell Blue ribbon winning Splash Marans hatching eggs. Also can do F1 OE will my Splash roo (Wade Jeane lines) x my Wheaten Ameraucanas (John Blehm). So far F1 OE have laid anything from a gorgeous olive green to a muddy brown! Sonoma County. Will ship!
Dawn
Dawn did you want this put in the breeder section?

I have some help today from BluesChicken! He's helping me alphbetize our California page, so members and breeders section will be in order so that members are easier to find. I want to thank Dave for the help. It was so nice to volunteer to do.

I have one complaint. I'm now on the bottom of the list!
th.gif
hit.gif
gig.gif

Dang it! I can't get any pics to load again!!! How annoying!

Did someone say quality pics equal stolen pics? Let's not start that kind of rumor. Although there are folks out there that steal other people's photos I don't think they are the majority. I used to be a professional photographer and I think some of my photos are pretty darn good... and yes they may even look professional. lol I've also seen some wonderful pics on BYC from quality breeders and backyard hobbyists. I try to take the best pics I can of my flock when someone asks or when selling chicks or eggs. By next year I'm determined to put together a nice web-site with beautiful, full color pics of my breeding stock. But I sure hope no one holds it against me if all the photos are in focus! :D

Oh!!! One of the pics finally loaded! How cute!!! :p

Last edited:
Dang it! I can't get any pics to load again!!! How annoying! Did someone say quality pics equal stolen pics? Let's not start that kind of rumor. Although there are folks out there that steal other people's photos I don't think they are the majority. I used to be a professional photographer and I think some of my photos are pretty darn good... and yes they may even look professional. lol I try to take the best pics I can of my flock when someone asks or when selling chicks or eggs. By next year I'm determined to put together a nice web-site with beautiful, full color pics of my breeding stock. But I sure hope no one expect photos that are out of focus. :D Oh!!! One of the pics finally loaded! How cute!!! :p
Get those suckers loaded!!! I love seeing your pics. And I haven't seen any of the dogs lately, so you need to share those too.

Yes there are a lot of people who seem to have no problem with stealing someone elses pics and using them to sell their own brds. I have horrible pics. I used to be so camera ready and then my youngest sister got her first 35mm and now she does them all. I couldn't even come up with an amount of money I spent way back when. I had a dark room and stored all of my equipment (other than what I carried 24/7 ) and someone broke into my house and even stole my boxes of all of my pictures and my photo albums. I have no pics of my kids as babies anymore up until 1998. We never figured out how they got in, but it had to be the front of my house because at the time I have 12 Rotties. Now??? My dinophone camera is all I have. I do have a 35mm somewhere and a couple of digitals, but I haven't touched them since Bill died. We always took all the pics of the grandkids before all of thier balls and proms and there'd be up to 30 teens that we took shots of before they all left in limos or party buses from my oldest daughter's house.

Dave is picking up chicks today, so he'll work on the page later on, but I'm so excited. I need to start pputting everything on separate pages, so it's all easier to find.

Back
Top Bottom