CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

OK I know Sunny isn't doing it this year, but I wanted to make sure you all know about the Easter Hatch. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/741090/the-4th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_20

After all these big hatches, I've learned that when it gets to long, I just go back a couple of posts til I get the gist of the present conversation and go from there. I've been saving eggs for this, but I have way to many that I don't want to lose at one time. I stink when I do the big hatches. So far I think iI have 90 eggs, so I'm putting the ones most important to me in maybe today or tomorrow and then setting what I get later for the hatch.

Sounds like you need more eggs! LOL
lau.gif
I am starting to see how the chicken-math minds work! Its contagious!

Yes it is!

So I didn't have 90 eggs. I'm going to be setting 81. I still have some FBCMs that aren't laying, only one blue AM and the only lavender AM that's laying is hopefully going to be laying lavender egg babies (we'll see.) My Lt Sussex hasn't laid an egg all week! She seems to lay great for a week and then takes a week off. Thanks chickie! I waited untill the Phoenix roosted before I grabbed those 2 eggs. My one hen will go broody at the drop of a hat and I had to fight her for them. She through a fit, in the dark for an hour! My black AM started laying. Man is that a nice egg. I thought it was Littie's! I think this year I'm going to save a pure roo from each of them, just so I have some roos from those ooh so blue eggs. I have to figure out which one is laying which though, because they're close, but one is a little deeper blue.

I have a hatch due tomorrow and I can't sleep. I haven't gotten anything done all day cause I was just sure they would hatch early. NOT!

I almost forgot. I think I need to do a couple of contests..... ???

One for my 10, 000TH post, which I thought would have been more than a year ago. That one I may do for the whole site. The other is for the 5k mark on this thread. I'm thinking a dozen hatching eggs of my choice to the winner who gives the right date and time. Soooooooooooooooo..... I was thinking we need a Contest page. Anyone comes up with one, they can use it and then we wipe it clean for the next one. Would that be to much?? Nahhhhh

Yes it is!

So I didn't have 90 eggs. I'm going to be setting 81. I still have some FBCMs that aren't laying, only one blue AM and the only lavender AM that's laying is hopefully going to be laying lavender egg babies (we'll see.) My Lt Sussex hasn't laid an egg all week! She seems to lay great for a week and then takes a week off. Thanks chickie! I waited untill the Phoenix roosted before I grabbed those 2 eggs. My one hen will go broody at the drop of a hat and I had to fight her for them. She through a fit, in the dark for an hour! My black AM started laying. Man is that a nice egg. I thought it was Littie's! I think this year I'm going to save a pure roo from each of them, just so I have some roos from those ooh so blue eggs. I have to figure out which one is laying which though, because they're close, but one is a little deeper blue.

I have a hatch due tomorrow and I can't sleep. I haven't gotten anything done all day cause I was just sure they would hatch early. NOT!
Fun fun! 81 eggs!!!
ep.gif
That's a lot of cute fuzzy butts to keep up with!
wee.gif

Most will be for sale, but I'll probably keep several. Can't count my chickens until they hatch though. I got one to hatch out of closer to 200 than 100 once. Think it was a minus percent.

81 eggs!? Wow that seems like a lot to me. I'm setting a few this week for Easter but I want them to hatch before Easter. I'll set about 3 dozen.

The Easter hatch is for the day before, but we set on the 9th and I just don't want to take a chance. If I have a good hatch, great. If I have a bad hatch, I don't want to lose that many.

Back
Top Bottom