CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

welcome-byc.gif
You can come on over to the Northern California thread
big_smile.png
Lots of activity and nice people over there
wink.png
Agree! I check this thread but usually post on the N CA thread.
smile.png

=) good to know.. Not sure im so Cal or nor Cal.. Smack dab in the middle, but either way I will have to check it out=) did someone mention porcelain d'uccles.. Meet Stanley
I think that N CA is a state of mind rather than a definite location! We have people participate on that thread from all over including NV and OR!

Stanley is a handsome dude! My 12 yr old daughter really wants some porcelain d-uccles after seeing them at the Stockton poultry show last year. Do you breed them?
smile.png

Right now I only have Stanley, Millie and Vanillie for d'uccles, plus one three day old chick.. Don't know what colors eggs in the bator will turn out. Millie is a mille fleur and vanillie is a buff version not sure on name of her color. This is my first time incubating so far only 60% hatch rate but now that I have figured out what im doing hope for better results on next hatch. I might have some available in a couple months promised some to the person who started me on d'uccles but other then her my only plans are for increasing my flock with pretty birds with great characters =)

Should of posted his pic from July, this one looks like he's been thru the wash without any fabric softener in comparison, he molted all the feathers off the tops/shoulders of his wings. If I can get my app to cooperate I will show you Millie the hen that laid the ones in bator

I got hunted down on FB. I'll try to come in more since I want to keep our pages updated, but fell a little over a week ago and I feel like I'm going to break in half.

I'm down to one Silkied AM chick growing out this year. I do have some splits, but I lost my other 3 with the pretty feathers. I'll have more Lav AM eggs available though, cause I have a few more girls growing out. Other pens are so so. I hatch a LOT of roos this year. Seems I sold all the girl eggs
somad.gif

Otherwise it's the same old thing. Sorry I haven't been around to keep up, but I'm going to try to check in more. Heck I lived on this site for 7 years, but this summer and fall have been taken over by some other things in life.

I got hunted down on FB. I'll try to come in more since I want to keep our pages updated, but fell a little over a week ago and I feel like I'm going to break in half.

I'm down to one Silkied AM chick growing out this year. I do have some splits, but I lost my other 3 with the pretty feathers. I'll have more Lav AM eggs available though, cause I have a few more girls growing out. Other pens are so so. I hatch a LOT of roos this year. Seems I sold all the girl eggs
somad.gif

Otherwise it's the same old thing. Sorry I haven't been around to keep up, but I'm going to try to check in more. Heck I lived on this site for 7 years, but this summer and fall have been taken over by some other things in life.
Sorry that I hunted you down! Non FB people miss hearing from you and were concerned.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom