CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Should've checked first
roll.png
The next PPBA is at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds in Stockton on January 31st according to their website.

No...it is at the Modesto JC at the end of January. the details are on their web page and Facebook page.

Walt

Okay, thanks... didn't know that. I'll have to take his word for it then. However, it would be helpful for someone to update their different sites and post the correct information.

Can anyone explain the A I situation in California? I'm afraid I won't be able to get chicks from my favorite feed store in February. HELP!!!!! I just want to know if this "no birds" situation is a frequent/annual thing.
hmm.png

TO; All interested parties planning on attending or exhibiting at the Annual PPBA Show

FROM; Jim Sallee, President, Pacific Poultry Breeders

This is an update as of Monday January 26th. All systems are go for the show this week end. I know there are a lot of false rumors going around but we are going to have a nice show. Entries are just under 2100 birds and the problems with the virus are very limited and the problem has been delimited to a very small section a considerable distance from the show site. We have our own Poultry Health Inspection team and there may be some visual inspection from State Vets who will have a booth to answer questions about Avian Influenza. We will work together on keeping our birds healthy and protected. So far all tests in the surrounding area have been negative.

If you are coming from out of State, especially from the North, bring your NPIP papers OR a Health certificate. California rules state that one should always have a health check prior to entry and border inspectors may or may not check them upon entry. We will be receiving birds after 2pm on Friday and will release birds after the completion of judging around 9:30 on Sunday morning. Any sick birds will be removed immediately and will cooped separately from the show site to prevent contamination. If there are any changes I will advise immediately.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom