California

My family says CA is full of rude people. What do you think?
Having lived in Orange County (between San Diego and LA) most of my life, and moved to norcal (Shasta co) in August, here's my take.
Down south, to people who didn't grow up here, people can seem rude because we were all very busy, and the culture seems to make everyone very closed and private. If you wave to someone, that generally means you know or recognize them. Even when I would nod to people, they would squint funny, trying to place my face. So pretty much, people could seem unfriendly when it's really just the subculture they're in. If you start the conversation, most people will be glad to talk, just don't be fazed if they look at you weird at first! it's something unfamiliar, but by no means unwelcome!
Moving up north (state of Jefferson area, I consider sac central ca), people would start conversations with you at the bank, or grocery store, or even the parking lot. After living down south all my life, it seemed that everyone was very friendly, nearly overfriendly! It reminded me of some fairytale community where everyone was very closely knit & welcoming. Another thing is that there are very few people other places compared to OC/LA/SD areas, so there isn't as much that level of intimacy.
Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful there, it just wasn't the right place for my family to stay for other reasons. I miss a ton of stuff, but it's amazing here. I hope that clears up your question! Sorry for the long-winded shpiel, tho...
One of my biggest problems with where I used to live---a lot of cities outlaw chickens! Lots don't, though, but where we did, we got a couple city letters for our three hens...
I'm sure you'll love it there!

Hi from California here as well -- I'm in Oak View (in between Ventura & Ojai). I have some 8 week old silkie-mix chicks as well as a ton of silkie (pure) hatching eggs. Does anyone know if there's a specific area where I can post them?

Attachments

• IMG_0827(1).jpg
    IMG_0827(1).jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 1
I am in CA as well! Love my neighbors, all seem to be nice people! Everywhere we move, there seems to be nice and rude people, and we have moved 8 times, so I would say most Californians I meet are quite nice! Not sure how to generalize that too much though. All the neighborhoods I have been in are all quite pleasant.😊

Back
Top Bottom