Californian Meat Rabbit Grow-Out Thread... **Picture Heavy**

Mine are two weeks old today!!! Time to go weigh when I get home!!! Oh and pics!
big_smile.png
wink.png

My NZW's are 14 days. They weigh in at 8.9oz, 9.5oz, 9.8oz, 8.4oz and 9oz = 45.6oz
They have gained 5.6oz since I weighed them 2 days ago. They also all have their eyes open and are moving all over the place now. They are so cute!!

Last edited:
14 days old here what I have so far;

I weighed them, but I realized my scale only goes in increments of 1 oz, no in betweens so I am going to run down to target to see if they have any digital scales. I don't think this one is very accurate.

10 oz, 11 oz, 9 oz, 10 oz, 10 oz, and 9 oz.

We'll have to see how it compares to a better scale if I can find one.

I am also starting to track how much food so today; 1lb of food and 1 carrot. The kits are still only eating their mom's milk and have had no solid food yet.

**ETA boyfriend just told me he has a digital paint scale down in the garage so after we get back from the jobsite I'll have to tote the bunnies down to the garage and get a more accurate weight.
big_smile.png

Didn't get a chance to weigh them with the good scale, will have to do it in the morning.

PICS!
SAM_0909.jpg

SAM_0903.jpg

SAM_0904.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. I have pedigrees on them. The does wouldn't have been my first choice but there isn't a choice here. The lady I got them from only fed alfalfa. All her rabbits were thin with scruffy fur and the babies were small. If theses does/kits don't do well than I'll have to make a 9hr drive to buy some. They are fat and doing well though so I'm gonna give them a chance and see how we do.

Quote:
How diid she get away with that? Mine don't particularly care for alfalfa.

When that's all they have..... Mine like their alfalfa in the evenings. I give them a bit at night and it is always gone by morning.

Here are the babies at 17 days old. It's their first day out of the nest box, I had to take the bottom part of the cat box out and put in a lower cardboard box so they could get back in.

25730_mms_picture2.jpg

25730_mms_picture1.jpg

25730_mms_picture1_2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom