Californian quail incubation help and advice,

major

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
I just put some Californian quail eggs in the incubator, Iv had a look on-line for time/temp/humidity do I just treat these eggs like normal Quail Eggs

Time for incubation: 23 days
Temp: 99.5f
Humidity: dry for 19 days then 65%

Is this right? Or am I way off ? If you could add any thing to help this hatch go well then please do,

California quail eggs are incubated just as Bobwhite quail are....99.5 degrees for 23 days. I have never dry hatched before, being that the humidity level of the air here in NM is quite dry. If you live in a humid area, than a dry hatch will do well. If not, then I would recommend humidity of 55% to 60% during incubation.

At day 20, eggs are stopped turning and the humidity is upped by 10%.

I just had a look and it 30% so I will put some water in if i remember from last time the humidity was around 45% then i up'd it to 50%-60% in the last 3 days

I only have 7 California's Eggs so Could I put some A&M Eggs in there at day 5 so then all the eggs will hatch 18days latter?

I hatched a brood last year (first time) had the temp at 102 and humidity above 40%. We put 18 eggs in thinking we'd be lucky to get one or two. 13 hatched! Good luck with yours, let us know.

I hatched a brood last year (first time) had the temp at 102 and humidity above 40%. We put 18 eggs in thinking we'd be lucky to get one or two. 13 hatched! Good luck with yours, let us know.

I have a forced air incubator (octagon 20) am I better to bring the temp up to 102 then? I have it sat at 99.5 at the moment.

Hello! I have a batch of 12 California Quail. It is my first time hatching quail. I've monitored their development by checking them with a candler and everything seemed to be developing great (I stopped candling about a week ago in oder for them to prepare for the lockdown period). We are now on day 24 and I don't see any signs of pipping and I'm nervous to check them because I know how fragile this lockdown period is. Is there a way I can check to see if they are still alive without taking them out of the incubator? Is 24 days common for California quail? How much longer should I wait before I call it?

Hello! I have a batch of 12 California Quail. It is my first time hatching quail. I've monitored their development by checking them with a candler and everything seemed to be developing great (I stopped candling about a week ago in oder for them to prepare for the lockdown period). We are now on day 24 and I don't see any signs of pipping and I'm nervous to check them because I know how fragile this lockdown period is. Is there a way I can check to see if they are still alive without taking them out of the incubator? Is 24 days common for California quail? How much longer should I wait before I call it?
An old thread but will answer your questions.
Valley's have an incubation period of 24 - 26 days. I have had them pip on day 24 - 25 and not hatch until day 26 - 27....so I'd give them until 28 days, if not by then, none will hatch.

An old thread but will answer your questions.
Valley's have an incubation period of 24 - 26 days. I have had them pip on day 24 - 25 and not hatch until day 26 - 27....so I'd give them until 28 days, if not by then, none will hatch.
What temp/humidity do you run for incubation and that what humidity do you do for lockdown and on what day?

Back
Top Bottom