Californians-Stockton Poultry Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by fowled-out, Dec 8, 2010.

1. fowled-out

fowled-out Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Elk Grove, Ca
    It's at the end of January, who's going? I'll be there for sure, hoping to pick up a few new chickens.

2. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    Im hoping to go...just to look, [​IMG]

3. jenesis536

jenesis536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    I've never been to a chicken show. Can you buy chickens? Are chicks for sale?

Can anyone fill me in?

Thank you.

4. K9Carrie

K9Carrie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Lodi, California
    It will be my first show as well. I know there will be a sales room that sounds like they have a lot of birds for sale. It should be fun and informative!

5. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I have heard there will be a lot of birds for sale. Probably not anything just hatched. I have seen young birds for sale at shows but they are usually fully feathered. There will most likely be raffles and auctions as well. I wish we could go, but it is SO far away. If not this year we will plan on it well in advace for next year.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    the sale barn opens early. We decided yesterday that we are going to go. DH has kindly offered to drive us while we sleep on the way there for the day. We are going to have to get up EARLY!

7. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    There is an 11 or 12 page thread already started on this show, with lots of information on it. Please look there for some answers to your questions.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by