PolishExibitor

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2024
My 1 year old silver laced polish rooster got wry neck in early december, not long after his brother died on Pneumonia. He tuckes his head under his body and only on his right side. He is eating and drinking on his own, and will ge up to walk from one end of his temperary housing to the other to get food and water. At first i was givinmg him poultry cell, but to no efffect. I switched just after christmas and now he is getting 0.5 ml of vitamiun E (one 400 i.u vitamin E capsule) and 4 drops of selenium. I have already checked, both are normal amounts to give a chicken with wry neck. He is a show bird and i need to bring him to a show on january 26. I don't think that he is in pain, but I need for him to show signs of improvment so I can show him. I have heard of using medicene to reduce brain imflamation, is it to late at this point to add that? I also want to start him on poly vi sol (without iron of course) how many drops would i give him daily?Does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed up his recovery?
img_1171-jpeg.3723193
IMG_1176.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
He needs more, give him one 400 i.u vitamin E capsule, and and a third of b complex tablet every day for a few weeks.
I would also keep up the selenium.
Any brand from the grocery store

He needs more, give him one 400 i.u vitamin E capsule, and and a third of b complex tablet every day for a few weeks.
I would also keep up the selenium.
Any brand from the grocery store
That is what he is getting for vitamin e. I will try the b complex tablet though. Thank you for the suggestions :)

The B complex is very good, and economical, frequently on sale at many drug stores. If you use PolyVisol without iron, which is a bit pricey, dosage is 3 drops daily. Scrambled cook ed egg, just a few bits, has all the selenium needed to help the uptake of vitamin E.

The B complex is very good, and economical, frequently on sale at many drug stores. If you use PolyVisol without iron, which is a bit pricey, dosage is 3 drops daily. Scrambled cook ed egg, just a few bits, has all the selenium needed to help the uptake of vitamin E.
thank you eggcessive, i don't mind droping some money for my birds

Back
Top Bottom