Call duck acting off

I will also add that I’ve been giving her some electrolytes In her water and a bit of nutridrench on some treats one time. Now that she’s looking better I think I’ll stop with the nutridrench. 🤞

I'm glad to hear she's doing better. Are both wings drooping, or just one? Are her primary wing feathers mostly filled with blood (pin feathers) as of now?
Thank you. As of now it’s only one wing that droops. It’s only occasionally. She’s more been holding both wings tucked in close to her body’s and not spreading them. I will check her primary feathers in the morning and let you know.

Here’s the way she was carrying her wings sunday. It was only one day that her one wing drooped but now she just holds them close to her body and does not extend her wings. Her wings have not showed any dropping since Friday

Attachments

• DCF7E976-EDC2-45F2-90BE-52665841E95D.png
    DCF7E976-EDC2-45F2-90BE-52665841E95D.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 6DE98FA0-CCB9-4560-AA6C-181CB0BBA825.png
    6DE98FA0-CCB9-4560-AA6C-181CB0BBA825.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
Okies, if she's having a molt after being poorly but not got back to her usual self, I would be adding to her diet. Poor thing must be thinking when will this all end !

I would go with mealworms, cooked eggs if she'll go there and dark greens. I'd also stick with the nutridrench for now.

Keeping it all crossed for your girl !

Last edited:
Hows your little call duck doing @FunnyfarmMidwest ?
Thanks so much for asking! She is doing wonderful! She’s back to her normal self and running around stirring up trouble with the others! I’m also happy to say that she’s gradually starting to put her wings out more and not carrying them as close to her body. I’m very relieved. :hugs :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 5
Yay - excellent news and a reflection on all your care !
Thanks so much for this comment it was so very thoughtful and it made my day!

I also wanted to say Thanks for all your help and support as well! @Pyxis @HalfWayUpAMountain and @Isaac 0 I’m so glad she is well. If she’s ever unwell again I will definitely ask for all your advice!

Back
Top Bottom