Call Duck Egg wont hatch! Day 29 - moving and tapping but still no pip

Oh no, I'm sorry. I've just heard that calls often won't externally pip properly due to their small bills but deformity would also explain it. I am very sorry and hope you have better luck next time. Does it look like any of the others will hatch?
sad.png

There was another live one but also deformed. Some of the others were fully developed but dead in shell.
I'm thinking maybe the breeder I got the eggs from possibly didn't have the best or healthiest parent stock, not sure why else this would happen.
The eggs from my own Bali ducks were in there at the same time and got 100% hatch rate!! Still, it's all a learning curve!!

I have a duckling egg that the mother abondon when there were tornados, and the others had hatched, I took it in, and put it in an incubator, it is now the their day after the others hatched, I could hear quiet chirping, it made and internal pip yesterday day, I helped it just 2 he's. ago, and made just a small pip hole, where it made its internal pip hole, but I can't see its beak, its my first time hatching, and I'm just a teenager, and my parents keep telling me to get rid of it, it seems to be sleeping, bcits really early in the morning, it doesn't have gains on membrane, and its curled up to itself inside of the shell,I want to know how long till I should help,if its too late,and was it OK to help it, it looks like it exsorbed all the blood, it kept moving in the incubator and making its egg roll around

Last edited:
Found that its head it not near the airsack, and can't tell if its still alive, plz help, idk what to do, or how to help!

If there are no active blood vessels left, the duckling should be breathing. That would be your sign that it's alive. If the baby didn't have its head near the air cell and never made an external pip it's possible it drowned in fluid before you could help by making an external pip, if it's not breathing now.
sad.png

Last edited:
i have duck eggs that have been in the incubator for 35 days and they still arent hatching. i candled one today and i saw the duck moving and i put it to my ear and i could hear it pecking at the shell. they seem ok because they are moving in the eggs but they just wont hatch. is there anything that i can do to help them?

Back
Top Bottom