Call Duck Egg

carmeninthecountry

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
One of my best friends gives me eggs all the time to hatch and keep and enjoy well the other day she gave me a call duck egg I am super excited but have never messed with call duck eggs... I turn twice a day and all that ...but can someone please give me some info I need to know... thank you ... its due to hatch in the middle of april...

I am just learning about calls myself but I do know that hand turning is best with them being on thier side. They also sometimes will need help hatching.

Turn at least 3 times per day; the number needs to be odd. I've never hatched calls so hopefully other people can give advice.

I just hatched 7 of them cute lil buggers. Hand turn the 3-5 times a day. Call ducks are LAZY hatcheres. Mine pipped but never zipped. I had to help everyone one of them. I do not always think this is the case, but it was my case. I incubated at the humidity level and temperature level as I do my chickens. That was my first hatch with them and I have 8 more cooking now. They are so stinking cute.
The first three that hatched.
57594_100_1310.jpg

This is Elvis. His egg rock and rolled the entire day before he hatched. Hence forth "The King of Rock and Roll"
57594_100_1315.jpg

This is one of my two crested babies. My daughter named him Poofer.
57594_100_1317.jpg

I have my call duck egg in with my goose,quail,chicken eggs... everything is checking out I keep a close check on him/her to make sure everything is going good... I love all my animals but am very close to my ducks... and really want call ducks now...

Quote:
These are awesome... my egg looks like a EE egg... blue.. lol... so I really have no idea what kind of call it will be cannot wait tho....

Back
Top Bottom