call duck ID assistance needed (new pics added)

JenC, does it matter who, the male or female, is the blue fawn? Since he is a drake and I breed him with my grey hen then then 2 out of 4 would be blue and the other 2 would be grey? Correct?

No it doesn't matter if it is the drake or the hen that is blue fawn. So yes, if you bred him to a grey hen you would get roughly half grey and half blue fawn offspring. In small hatches those percentages can vary one direction or the other. The 50/50 percentage is based on hatching large numbers of ducklings. Basically with each fertile egg there is going to be a 50% chance that he passed on his blue gene. If he did a blue fawn offspring would result and if he didn't a grey offspring would result (again provided he was bred to a grey hen). Hope that makes sense!

Blue Fawns cannot breed true, it is genetically impossible.

2 greys cannot produce a BF it is also genetically impossible.

The one hen isn't snowy or butterscotch, I would also say appleyard

Quote:

I am going to get more current pics of this gal so we can say with more clarity what is her breed if that is possible. Pics to come.

unfortunately, I am unable to submit a better pic of the snowy. She was killed by a giant ferrel tom cat. The following three are the last of my hens. I believe they are a blue fawn hen, grey hen and a ? Anyone ?
39112_100_1592.jpg
fawn hen?
39112_100_1589.jpg
Do not know breed of this hen.
39112_100_1596.jpg
all three hens together.
39112_100_1587.jpg
grey hen?

Looks like a blue fawn hen, a khaki hen, (?) A grey hen, and a grey drake. That blue fawn is so cute in that one pic
love.gif

Anyone else? I could really use some help. I do not know all the breeds that well and I do not want crosses. I would like to keep the breeds as true as possible. So any input is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom