call duck lays egg

ashleymikia

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
So I have two females in on pen together because they were the only ones to survive a trip to Minnesota and they are about 5-6 monthes and one of them laid an egg. Now about aug I took the male that was with them away. It was just an unfertilized egg right? I know its a stupid question but I'm a 19 year old who has never had calls and the internet won't tell me anything I'm trying to find. If you can help that would be great thank you

Not a stupid question. Yes, it's an infertile egg. Birds can retain sperm for a period of time, but the drake has been separated far too long.

So I have two females in on pen together because they were the only ones to survive a trip to Minnesota and they are about 5-6 monthes and one of them laid an egg. Now about aug I took the male that was with them away. It was just an unfertilized egg right? I know its a stupid question but I'm a 19 year old who has never had calls and the internet won't tell me anything I'm trying to find. If you can help that would be great thank you
Not a stupid question, you don't learn if you don't ask :)
And you are right. It is not fertile.

My Mother-in-law thought you needed a rooster or the hens wouldn't lay eggs. I explained to her that wasn't the case. You learn new things at any age. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom