Call duck - Male attacking me

Chocula usually gets hung upside down for a minute or two and that takes the wind out of his sails for that day...I just grasp him by the body and let him stare at the ground...but he forgets all about that by the next time. Just the way he is, but we put up with him because he throws nice pullets. And as I said before, it is rather funny to get attacked by a Call duck.

You can be sure that the other birds are all
yippiechickie.gif
when he does it!

Well Duckie has not attacked my feet anymore. But I did get a wonderful surprise he is a she lol. I have gotten 7 eggs so far. It's never dull.

I also have the same problem with one of my Call Duck Drakes, the other one is fine as are the four females, but as soon as I let them out in the morning Donald goes straight for my legs and feet, going to try some of the suggestions above and see if they work!

that is funny because larry attacks me when i have him out to clean his pond . he will charge at me when i have my back to him but when i turn to face him he turns away muttering in duck "" yeah you are lucky im not in the mood for a fight" and sometimes when i am crouched or sitting down to feed them their tomatoes he will bow up and try and jump up and chest but me. i will sometimes pick him up and that usually stops him...until next time.it doesnt scare or intimidate me i find it funny its like the other person said its like having a mouse ball up its little fist and shake it at you.

I have a little call duck drake and an east Indian drake, my camp little boys as I call them....
they are with my 3 hybrid chooks. its Funny when the call duck decided he wants to have a go at getting to the top of the pecking order instead of being at the bottom, he looks at the chickens, usually chooses brown chook (Alvin) and then chases her! She will run away as if amusing him then turn around and the noise he makes when she give a little run to at him and then when she walks away and he realised he has go no higher from the bottom of the order (like a child jabbering away on attitude) keeps me chuckling for ages!! Luckily not a biter though so have not had to deal with that problem yet...

I have a little call duck drake and an east Indian drake, my camp little boys as I call them....
they are with my 3 hybrid chooks. its Funny when the call duck decided he wants to have a go at getting to the top of the pecking order instead of being at the bottom, he looks at the chickens, usually chooses brown chook (Alvin) and then chases her! She will run away as if amusing him then turn around and the noise he makes when she give a little run to at him and then when she walks away and he realised he has go no higher from the bottom of the order (like a child jabbering away on attitude) keeps me chuckling for ages!! Luckily not a biter though so have not had to deal with that problem yet...

My Runner Ducks are 7 months old, and I realise it’s mating season now. My top runner male beat up one of the others to secure his place in the flock. I separated them for about a week and now things are fine. But the little shit now goes for me. I grab him and hold him under my arm while I fuss him for a bit... this seems to calm him down until the next time. Crikey, it blasted well hurts, and he hangs on to my hand skin as tight as he can... little shit :eek: He’s the first one out the door of their new house (it’s a Play house for children, but ideal for 6 ducks ). They’re pets, so no stew pot for any of them ...

Attachments

• 59AB70C4-1A3B-419C-8492-CFEC9B9834DC.jpeg
    59AB70C4-1A3B-419C-8492-CFEC9B9834DC.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 4
  • B72A1C71-9966-4A8A-A862-EA7DDFBEC91E.jpeg
    B72A1C71-9966-4A8A-A862-EA7DDFBEC91E.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 3
As soon as he come towards you use the broom to stop him. Just put it between you and him and if he still comes take it and push him out of the way.
One of the best ways to get your point across is to treat him just like another drake would place one hand behind his head to keep him from biting and the other down where body and tail meet push him to the ground and make him stay there till he stops fighting make sure he is facing away from you, once he stops fighting let him up and if he starts again do it again. you are showing him You are the dominant one not him. And be consistent he'll get the message but it takes time and then there is always times when they have to be reminded too. Sweet looking bunch of Runners! Just a hard time of year !! But we'll all get through it. lol

Back
Top Bottom