Call duck pen ideas!

Pics
She’s got 4 eggs but she’s not sitting anywhere near them, I see her drink the odd bit of water but not much really
@Isaac 0 asked if you can get a video? sounds like she is sick any way you can take her to a vet? Do you know when she laid her last egg? Might want to examine her lower tummy and see if you can feel an egg. Notice any discharge from her vent?

@Isaac 0 do you think I could add a couple of East Indies to the flock instead of call hens? I’m thinking about this since there are some in my area. I know they are around the same size so I’m thinking it would work out. Can they interbreed since they’re both Bantam sized? :D

Last edited:
@Isaac 0 do you think I could add a couple of East Indies to the flock instead of call hens? I’m thinking about this since there are some in my area. I know they are around the same size so I’m thinking it would work out. Can they interbreed since they’re both Batam sized. :D

Sorry didn't get this tag for some reason, yes, they can, and will mate with each other with ease, mine are doing it now, and hopefully, I'll be able to see some Call/BEI crosses this year.:fl. I would highly recommend getting some if you can, they are such a great breed, tad shyer then calls, good fliers, and a hilarious personality.

Sorry didn't get this tag for some reason, yes, they can, and will mate with each other with ease, mine are doing it now, and hopefully, I'll be able to see some Call/BEI crosses this year.:fl. I would highly recommend getting some if you can, they are such a great breed, tad shyer then calls, good fliers, and a hilarious personality.
Thank you! I thought that they could but I wanted to check with someone knowledgeable first! I appreciate all the help you’ve given to me so far! I will look into adding a couple of BEI’s to the flock! They are quite beautiful ducks as well. :love

DSC_0223.JPG

Back
Top Bottom