Call Duck Prices

Cr8z4ducks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
GA
I have been researching Calls in my area and people have been advertising them for $75 and $175 for a pair. Is this the going price for them? I thought that was a little steep, but Im asking to see those who breed them could share what their prices are or do you think that is a fair price? I'm even considering purchasing eggs and I've found them on eBay for around $25 for 18 eggs or so, but I would only like a pair to start off with not a dozen! I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sell the ones I wouldn't need.

I have been researching Calls in my area and people have been advertising them for $75 and $175 for a pair. Is this the going price for them? I thought that was a little steep, but Im asking to see those who breed them could share what their prices are or do you think that is a fair price? I'm even considering purchasing eggs and I've found them on eBay for around $25 for 18 eggs or so, but I would only like a pair to start off with not a dozen! I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sell the ones I wouldn't need.

Call duck eggs are extremely hard to hatch and ducklings are about impossible to raise unless you have all the right conditions.
The prices for the pairs of call ducks is actually very good where you live! Pairs here that are Breeder Quality go for around $150

There's 4 classes that separate them. Pet Quality, Breeder Quality, Show Quality, and Elite Quality.
You have a better chance at buying Pet Quality and Breeder Quality if you just want pets than show birds. Show birds will cost more, and the females hardly if ever produce eggs and males are about to big around to breed.

Call duck eggs are extremely hard to hatch and ducklings are about impossible to raise unless you have all the right conditions.
The prices for the pairs of call ducks is actually very good where you live! Pairs here that are Breeder Quality go for around $150

There's 4 classes that separate them. Pet Quality, Breeder Quality, Show Quality, and Elite Quality.
You have a better chance at buying Pet Quality and Breeder Quality if you just want pets than show birds. Show birds will cost more, and the females hardly if ever produce eggs and males are about to big around to breed.

Thank you for the information! There is one person who is needed to rehome his pair and I may look into purchasing those from him. I will definitely check on their quality, as I'm just looking for pets. I have another question though...if I put them in with my Pekins do you think they will cross breed? Or should I create a separate pen for them?

A Pekin drake can kill a call duck just from their size alone. They will try and breed the call duck. Find out if the call ducks have their wings clipped, as they can fly very well.

The prices you posted are very very good.

I just got eggs from a BYC member here in Ohio. It was $20 for 6 with shipping & she sent 7. They were packed very well & 5 are developing BEAUTIFULLY!!! I can give you her info if you want to try to hatch some.

Genuine Calls are quite expensive.

I see a lot of photos of "Calls" here on BYC that are just generic smallish ducks. I would expect those to be rather cheap in price. I don't know what they are, but they aren't Calls.

If you want purebred calls that look like rubber duckies and have the cute little baby doll head, you will have to pay. If all you want is small ducks, then you can probably find mixed bantams for little money. They won't look like Calls, but neither do the "pet quality" Calls that people sometimes show photos of here, claiming they are Calls.

my 2 call ducks live in the same enclosure as my male pekin and 2 femal s(1 rouen and 1 black swedish) the bigger breeds seem to be timid of the little guys,,works for me :)
except I don't close them in together at night,they have seperate houses just to be safe.

Thanks all for the advice. I might just stick to my Pekins for right now. Sounds like Calls can be rather tricky and I want to make sure I have the extra room ready for them if I decide to find a pair. They are soooo cute!

Back
Top Bottom