Call duck problems

beki440

Chirping
Feb 10, 2017
Rogersville TN
03BF544C-1C3A-4C39-95BA-51160D38E0FE.jpeg 948EF0B0-DA8F-44B9-8AD1-75A57C3011D4.jpeg I am trying to hatch call ducks. I have had two that have died after getting very far along. I am posting pictures of the last one. What am I doing wrong? This last one was an egg I got in the mail with a saddle air sac. It was the only one of 7 that didn’t have a completely detached air sac.

@Ravynscroft

@WVduckchick

Doesn't look like it was ready to hatch with that much yolk sac still not absorbed. But these 2 members have Calls and can hopefully help you.
It had died in the shell. It looked like the membrane inside was dried out. I’m using farm innovators digital incubator on 99.5 temp and 55-60 humidity until last three days and then up humidity. There was plenty of clear fluid in the shell. It was a gel like substance and then the yolk. I just hate that I can’t get one to hatch. The other was fully formed as well but died a few days before hatch time. No movement and the shell starts looking strange when candled.

It had died in the shell. It looked like the membrane inside was dried out. I’m using farm innovators digital incubator on 99.5 temp and 55-60 humidity until last three days and then up humidity. There was plenty of clear fluid in the shell. It was a gel like substance and then the yolk. I just hate that I can’t get one to hatch. The other was fully formed as well but died a few days before hatch time. No movement and the shell starts looking strange when candled.

Sounds like your humidity is too high thru incubation. They aren't losing enough moisture and are drowning. :(
How did the air cells look?

I'm hatching some today. 3 out so far. it's going to be a long night.
The reason they can be difficult is their short necks, and short bills, make it hard for them to pip and zip. The ones that are closer to SOP have even more difficult time.

Back
Top Bottom