Call duck vocalizations?

Amykins

Crowing
10 Years
May 11, 2013
Hi guys!

So Wobbles is 3 weeks old as of today! I read up on a lot of milestones for other duck breeds, but strangely I don't see much on call ducks. In the "male or female? sticky I mentioned Wobs has been making a ton of different noises, and she practically sings when she's eating or really happy!

Then, yesterday morning, I reached in to pet her and when I lifted my hand she made a distinctive sound: "MAP MAP MAP!" Just like a female call duck! ...Well okay it was still in peeps, but it was there! Is she still too young for me to celebrate just yet? I'm really gunning for her to be a girl since she's a therapy animal and I don't want a duck that'll cop an attitude during nesting season. Also, eggs.

Hi guys!

So Wobbles is 3 weeks old as of today! I read up on a lot of milestones for other duck breeds, but strangely I don't see much on call ducks. In the "male or female? sticky I mentioned Wobs has been making a ton of different noises, and she practically sings when she's eating or really happy!

Then, yesterday morning, I reached in to pet her and when I lifted my hand she made a distinctive sound: "MAP MAP MAP!" Just like a female call duck! ...Well okay it was still in peeps, but it was there! Is she still too young for me to celebrate just yet? I'm really gunning for her to be a girl since she's a therapy animal and I don't want a duck that'll cop an attitude during nesting season. Also, eggs.
it still may be a girl if she isn't quaking a horse or low quack then she should be a female. plus female ducks quack a lot more then drakes,

it still may be a girl if she isn't quaking a horse or low quack then she should be a female. plus female ducks quack a lot more then drakes,

Being a call duck though it's hard to tell, since they're all rather vocal. I read that babies can start quacking as early as two weeks but it usually doesn't happen until one month. I just wanted some insight from a call duck owner to see if my hunch is correct. I sure hope it is. <3

Back
Top Bottom