Call Duckling struggling please help

There just isn't really any way to know for sure what happened. I doubt it was a vitiman deficiency because I think you've been giving them the Brewers yeast all along haven't you?
My best guess would be that it maybe ate something that was a bit too big for it.
Either way I wouldn't keep it away from a flock mates for too long or you might have an issue with reintroduction. So I would either bring them all in or put that one back out.

Is it warm enough for your call ducklings to be outside with out a heat source?
yes it is, but they also have their heat plate if they want it, although they really dont need it, im more worried about it being too hot rather than too cold

There just isn't really any way to know for sure what happened. I doubt it was a vitiman deficiency because I think you've been giving them the Brewers yeast all along haven't you?
My best guess would be that it maybe ate something that was a bit too big for it.
Either way I wouldn't keep it away from a flock mates for too long or you might have an issue with reintroduction. So I would either bring them all in or put that one back out.
I have been giving them brewers yeast, although its kind of more of a new thing, I started giving them brewers yeast probably around a week ago or somewhere around there

I decided to bring her/him back out to the flock, and I stayed out there for a long time just to make sure she/he is fine, and this morning she/he is fine, the duckling seems right back to normal, I don't know what it was, but we had a similar thing happen to my sister's Cayuga duck, VERY similar, but I still don't know what "it" was, whatever has been happening, although its only happened to 2 ducks now, and its usually when they start going outside, its strange and I don't really have an answer, I am probably going to start looking into it myself to see if I can find anything that might be happening

At first, I thought it was a different thing from what happened to the Cayuga, but now I'm starting to wonder if it was, it definitely could be totally different things, I don't think that's unlikely, but I feel like since something similar happened to my sisters Cayuga I just assume its the same thing, but what could be causing it is the question I have

I thought it was different because of the head motions, but I think that was just because of the vitamins I gave her/him, because it stopped not too long after I gave him/her vitamins, although it didnt happen again after I gave her/him vitamins again later on

I have been giving them brewers yeast, although its kind of more of a new thing, I started giving them brewers yeast probably around a week ago or somewhere around there

I decided to bring her/him back out to the flock, and I stayed out there for a long time just to make sure she/he is fine, and this morning she/he is fine, the duckling seems right back to normal, I don't know what it was, but we had a similar thing happen to my sister's Cayuga duck, VERY similar, but I still don't know what "it" was, whatever has been happening, although its only happened to 2 ducks now, and its usually when they start going outside, its strange and I don't really have an answer, I am probably going to start looking into it myself to see if I can find anything that might be happening

At first, I thought it was a different thing from what happened to the Cayuga, but now I'm starting to wonder if it was, it definitely could be totally different things, I don't think that's unlikely, but I feel like since something similar happened to my sisters Cayuga I just assume its the same thing, but what could be causing it is the question I have

I thought it was different because of the head motions, but I think that was just because of the vitamins I gave her/him, because it stopped not too long after I gave him/her vitamins, although it didnt happen again after I gave her/him vitamins again later on
Are you just putting the vitamins in the water or what?

I do know their first few trips outside they really investigate and try to eat anything and everything they can find. I have seen them swallow all kinds of junk that I thought might kill them. 🤪
But so far nothing bad has happened like that.
But I have seen some gorge themselves ...even on just regular crumbles and it's almost like they make themselves sick eating too much too fast and they lay around for a while.
No I don't know anything about what would happen if they ate fire ants. But I wonder if that could make them feel sick.
I just have regular ants here and they sure like to eat those when they see them.

Are you just putting the vitamins in the water or what?

I do know their first few trips outside they really investigate and try to eat anything and everything they can find. I have seen them swallow all kinds of junk that I thought might kill them. 🤪
But so far nothing bad has happened like that.
But I have seen some gorge themselves ...even on just regular crumbles and it's almost like they make themselves sick eating too much too fast and they lay around for a while.
No I don't know anything about what would happen if they ate fire ants. But I wonder if that could make them feel sick.
I just have regular ants here and they sure like to eat those when they see them.
I am not puting the vitamins in their water, I am giving it to them using a oral syringe

I am not puting the vitamins in their water, I am giving it to them using a oral syringe
Well. That's probably the cause of the head flicking.
I imagine they taste nasty if it got any in their mouth and yes they do react to something that tastes bad to them by flinging their head around.
Also if you don't get that syringe down the throat way past the trachea some of it could have drizzled down in the airway and caused it to choke.
Or even if you did get it pass the trachea far enough some of it may have bubbled back up and gone down the airway.

Back
Top Bottom